[Map]*Ancient Canyon*

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harold1995

*Ancient Canyon*
=======================================
I thought i might as wel upload another one:p
I would like the map to start at sunset!
  • Name of the map: *Ancient Canyon*
  • Creator(s): Harold1995
  • Size: 100 x 80
  • Biome: Forest
  • Screenshots (included the suggested timer areas!)
  • Download link!: *Ancient Canyon*
=====================================================
The Canyon:

From Mossy Cobble:

Ancient Text:

From Spawn:

Stained Clay:

More Stained clay!:

Top View:

Timers!:
Timer 01:

Timer 02:

Timer 03:

Timer 04:

Timer 05:
Also there are a few chests scattered around with dirt, smooth stone, scrubs, and flowers.
====================================================================

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I do think this map could be nice but honestly, any building with clay (whether stained or hardened) I think looks ugly. It is a nice map though!

EDIT: There are some very noticeable sphere spots. Try smoothing those out.

Reactions: FrenchSanta12
D

DarkHender

As Dessern5 said, the spheres are very noticeable; if you could fix that.
Also, I have a problem with the lack of resources in the map. As in maybe not enough.
Just a suggestion- and you might want to wait for others opinions on this aswell...to put some cobble/stone/sand/wood inside the mountains, as people do on nether maps to make sure there is enough resources without making the map look un-themed and ugly.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Needs some WorldEdit work and more variety. Look at the Mesa biomes in the 1.7 snapshots, try and emulate those a slight bit with the block variety. In terms of gameplay, the decent verticality could allow it to be a good RoF map. Make those changes and I'll be for it.

Reactions: 1 person

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Actually now I see what Dess, Darky and Clock are talking about. I agree with the fact that you can see the spheres too much.
Also I don't like that there's random orange clay blocks on the wall to the right and random torches, you placed glowstone in the other part of the map and it looks weird.

H

Harold1995

There are some very noticeable sphere spots. Try smoothing those out.
I have a problem with the lack of resources in the map. As in maybe not enough.
Needs some WorldEdit work and more variety.
I seem to have a problem with the spheres:p I tried getting rid of most of them for now, I will fix those.
Also i totally forgot to mention that i have chest scatterd around with a bit of dirt and smooth stone in them.
I made the bottom 10 layers stone just in case someone is in need of cobble, So they are able to dig down and get more stone without ruining the landscape.

Also i tried to get more color into the map with a few spots of stained clay, Like Hardend clay that got wet by water (The brown clayish part) Or perhaps some White chalkish area (The white clay obviously) Not sure if this is a good idea so i would like some feedback on that if possible:)

Maybe needs more.

I don't like that there's random orange clay blocks on the wall to the right and random torches, you placed glowstone in the other part of the map and it looks weird.
Yeah i tried to get some varetity in there like ancient text that dissapeared abit over time and later the archaeologists came and like placed torches or something xD I could remove it if others agree with that:p

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
This can be a very nice map how ever you could

Make this more like 1.7 Mesa biomes
Remove the torches
Put stone under the clay
Use the ancient sandstone instead the orange clay for the writings
Change the grass into dirt and have barren trees

You don't need to do all of those but those are things that could make the map very good.

Reactions: 1 person
H

Harold1995

If you put a few barren trees (no leaves) on the clay I'm sure it'd be a much better map in terms of resources. :)
Done! how does this look?:p

This can be a very nice map how ever you could

Make this more like 1.7 Mesa biomes
Remove the torches
Put stone under the clay
Use the ancient sandstone instead the orange clay for the writings
Change the grass into dirt and have barren trees

You don't need to do all of those but those are things that could make the map very good.
I have stone under the clay like on layer 15! Personaly i think sandstone doesn't look good with clay but that's just my opinion xD And i did remove the torches.

Reactions: Undefined User 7
Status
Not open for further replies.