Mandatory Map Polling

erik1979

Reaction score
Each and every submitted map would be posted under a poll-type thread in which every user within the community can vote on the map. 10 "supporting" votes would mean that the user's map is accepted. 10 "denial" votes would mean the users map is declined.

A Controller+ would have to create a map submission template and make sure that people know they need to post it in a poll thread.

Now, to answer the question of people not noticing the formats like they do when applying for ranks.... Generally people who have been around the community for some time, and know the general ins and outs are the people that make maps. You don't just get random people who come around and post up a map.

As always I'm open to suggestions, especially as to how many supporting or denial votes a map would need to be accepted or denied.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
As you may be right with the more experienced people posting maps, Less experienced people would be voting on them. This could result in decent maps being declined because someone who only looks for visual appeal forgets game play or vice versa. A bad map could pass. I think a map should always be play tested before throwing it on the chopping block.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I like the idea of the format, as it would keep things much more organized. Though, going back on what Eth said, just voting would possibly bring in bad maps. So maybe, if you wanted to vote, you could give a reason why?

erik1979

Reaction score
I like the idea of the format, as it would keep things much more organized. Though, going back on what Eth said, just voting would possibly bring in bad maps. So maybe, if you wanted to vote, you could give a reason why?
That is also a good idea. That woud help eliminate the said problems with my system.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
There will always be map rotations where there is maps that people wont like, Maybe every map submitted shouldn't be accepted :p