making my own role playing game 2

Reaction score
Seeing as how my old thread has gone over a month since the last post and posting there would be against the rules; I am starting a new one.

I have finished building the starter island where it will allow you to learn about the classes and choose one. I am starting to form the beginning area and I am also starting to formulate the storyline in my head. I only really have the foundation of the storyline and I am starting to set it up, but once I get a general idea of what I want the storyline to be, I will post here about the storyline.

If you want to see any sort of features added, let me know and I will try and incorperate it into the game if I am able to.

After I get a decent amount of content in the game, I will release what I have so that people can play through it and look for any bugs.

Reactions: Duffie and Swate
Reaction score
I am thinking of possibly adding a tower that has multiple floors; one for every 10 levels the characters can gain. The tower will feature monsters suitable for the levels needed for the floor and will feature an extra hard boss fight at the end of the floor. Let me know what you guys think.

Reaction score
Just whatever monsters are already in the game. I plan on making new ones if the monsters prove to be too easy when approaching max level. I might also make it to where it is only bosses that you randomly encounter on the last floor with a super boss at the end of it.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Just whatever monsters are already in the game. I plan on making new ones if the monsters prove to be too easy when approaching max level. I might also make it to where it is only bosses that you randomly encounter on the last floor with a super boss at the end of it.
This is sounding really cool, glad your making it :D.

Reaction score
So.... I got to looking around the internet and found a ton of new sprites and stuff for characters and enemies so there will be plenty of fighting to do :) I might look into sprites for new items as well if there is anyone that wants special classes in the game that might use items that are not currently in the program. It would be kinda neat to try and stream the game while I work, but I don't think my internet can handle it.

EDIT: I have made a skype account which I will be logged into when I play on working on my rpg for lengthy periods of time. My username for skype is shadowdragoon661. Add me on skype if you wish and chat with me as I work on my rpg :bounce:

Reaction score
Going to be putting together what I have so far for people to test to make sure it works right. I just need to sit down and make a decent amount of gameplay in the actually game so that there is enough content to make testing worthwhile. I might have it up by the end of the week, but it might be a little later then that because of mid-terms.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Going to be putting together what I have so far for people to test to make sure it works right. I just need to sit down and make a decent amount of gameplay in the actually game so that there is enough content to make testing worthwhile. I might have it up by the end of the week, but it might be a little later then that because of mid-terms.
Ok, cool! Could I help test it out?

Reaction score
I could upgrade to ds style graphics, but that would require me to get their newest program for $80 plus spend another $20 buying the content packs for the ds style graphics. The program I am using now had a promo going and I got it by buying a 7 dollar game from big fish games's website which is pretty good considering the program I am using normally costs around $60.

I might have some combat in the demo, I might not. At the moment I am setting up the beginning of the game and starting to piece together the story. Not going to reveal anything about the story just yet because I am still working out some of the finer details of it, but I will release a general storyline with the demo.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I could upgrade to ds style graphics, but that would require me to get their newest program for $80 plus spend another $20 buying the content packs for the ds style graphics. The program I am using now had a promo going and I got it by buying a 7 dollar game from big fish games's website which is pretty good considering the program I am using normally costs around $60.

I might have some combat in the demo, I might not. At the moment I am setting up the beginning of the game and starting to piece together the story. Not going to reveal anything about the story just yet because I am still working out some of the finer details of it, but I will release a general storyline with the demo.
#SUSPENSE, well good luck with it, it sounds nice!

Reaction score
I am just about ready to release the first demo. I got a little behind on it due to being busy with schoolwork. Going to try and release it on Wednesday, but I am fairly busy finishing up an essay, so it might be later in the week. I just want to add some more decoration here and there and get the first dungeon setup. I might add the monster fights, I might not. I have an addon for the program I am using that allows me to add action rpg elements to the game by enabling the ability to fight monsters on the world map without going into a battle screen. If I get the program to work and I can incorperate it seemlessly, I plan on having action rpg style fighting on the world map, and turn based fighting in dungeons. If I cannot incorperate the feature, it will all be turned based.

Reaction score
Going to try and not have any bugs, but with how extensive the program is, a few might get through. Blocktopia will be able to play the demo; I just want enough content to make it worthwhile.