SMP - Accepted Major_Bryan's LoP Controller Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
What is your in-game name?
Major_Bryan

What rank are you applying for?
Controller

What timezone do you live in?
CST (UTC -6:00)

How many hours have you played on the server for?
19 hr

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?
8 hr minimum.

What prior staffing experience do you have?
Moderator - Infection
Moderator - Kami's Realm
Director - Solitude

What do you think the role entails?
With the role of Controller, your job entails not only moderation duties, but you also are a helper to the Server Admin. Whether it be: working on configs for plug-ins, helping with planning, helping manage staff, etc.

In terms of moderation duties, a staff member's job is not only limited to just enforcing the rules. But it also carries the responsibilities of helping out both new and old players, answering questions, and providing a fun inviting atmosphere.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
The main reasons why I want to staff LoP is that:
1) LoP was my favorite SMP in all of Blocktopia/Escape Restart history. So it is a dream come true to staff it.
2) I want to see this server succeed. Especially since I put so many hr in helping build it. (I did the same back in Kami. And I was active for its entire life span.)
3) I see this as a second chance for me, especially after Solitude's launch issues. (I will talk about this later in the app)

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
As a person, I can bring in my maturity, my dedication, and my helpfulness to the server.

As a former Director, I can bring in my knowledge and experience of managing a staff team and handling back end related stuff (like plug configs).

As a former staff member who staffed both an SMP server and an SMP-ish server, I am able to bring my experiences and knowledge into staffing LoP. Also I am able to help the server avoid the same mistakes that the other servers, that I staffed, made.

As a long time community member, I am very familiar with what Escape Restart as a community stands for, and what experience we want to provide to those who choose to play on our servers.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
It would depend on the how urgent the problem is.

If the problem needs to be dealt with ASAP. I would first ask other staff members, who are currently on the server, on what they would recommend me to do. At the same time I would try to get in contact with the LoP Admins and maybe Community Admins. If no staff is available on the server or on Discord. I would look up the appropriate documents posted on the forums, and I would follow those docs to the letter in making my decision. Regardless on what I do, I would leave a report to the LoP Admins on what happened and what I decided to do. Thus if I made a mistake I can 1) learn the correct way to handle it 2) the Admins know what they need to do, to undo my actions.

If the issue isn't something that needs attention right away. I would send a Discord or Forum PM to the LoP Admins.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
Originally when I got the rank of Director in Solitude, I was supposed to be Co-Directing with another member (I won't say who due to the fact that I don't want to shame them). So when they disappeared, I was forced to solo direct and develop the server, when I had no prior experience in Directing or Controlling a server. During that time and heading up to the release of the server, I was dealing with some really serious health issues that were draining all my energy away. Topped with a buggy release, I was not physically, mentally, emotionally able to handle directing Solitude any more. I do agree that my mistake was not publicly announcing my resignation. I also should have set up a new director, however I wasn't in a state of mind that could even handle doing that. (Yeah, I was in extremely bad shape).

I am much better now, almost a complete 180. It will be nice to be under someone and helping them, instead of trying to do it solo. Since this server is a team effort, I am willing to offer all my support, since I know what it is like trying to running a server by yourself.

Also I do want to say that my spelling isn't perfect due to the fact that I am dyslexic. But it doesn't hinder in anyway, shape, or form my ability to staff.

Please list your references:
Vatumok, SalientGorilla

Last edited:

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Accepted!

You've done a tremendous amount of work in preparing LoP and you have a ton of experience staffing smp servers!

Unfortunately the Controller position is no longer available, you are accepted as a moderator :)

Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.