Mad11gab8's Operator Application

Mia

Reaction score
Account Name:Mad11gab8

Timezone:GMT +10

References (Op+): iiDeathCookies, Natsubros

Approx. time spent on BBB:My ontime seems to have reset as I checked a while back and it was over 6 days but now it says only 1 day and 2 hrs.

Previous staff experience: I held an operator position on one server which shut down a while back. This gave me a little bit of practice with world edit and I know how to sort out many situations. Also I have held positions on smaller servers my friends own, but most have shut down or no longer needed my help to run the server.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? :I am good at using world edit and if I don't know how to do something I am a fast learner and I am not shy to ask for some help. I believe I am a very approachable person and love to have a nice chat and help out newcomers and more experienced players. I get along with just about everyone! If people have an argument with me I tend to easily get over it and try not to bring it to the server as much as possible. I love helping everyone out, it makes me feel good to be able to have a better chance to help others out and to give everyone the best gaming experience possible. I have also done a fair bit of advertising for the community and enjoy bringing many more friendly faces to join in the fun!

What do you think the role entails?I believe this role entails being there for the players when there is grief, arguments and much more, but also being there just to encourage players who doubt in their abilities to build amazing things! Also just to be there for the players at the end of the day to have some fun and make sure everyone is having the best experience possible! Also to ban/warn/demote or even promote at the appropriate scenarios. Taking the initiative to look for grief around the server and ensure everyone is happy! Encouraging everyone to do their best is something I enjoy and I love seeing all your friendly blocky faces around but operators are just another player with a more abilities, and ensure that I don't use this opportunity to intimidate other players. We are all here to have some fun!

Why do you want this position?I have been on Blocktopia for over a year now and want to give something back to the amazing community and what better way then to be able to help out everyone more than I already can! I want this position to give me a better chance to sort things out among Build box. Instead of saying "Stop" or "Don't do that!" I will have more options to be able to warn/ban/demote players if needed.

Additional/final notes:All you guys make my day whenever I join and I don't believe I could find a friendlier community than Blocktopia. The community is fantastic here and I feel so lucky to be apart of it. I am so happy I finally got a chance to try and prove that I am worthy of the position and hope you take my application into consideration.

-Mia (Sorry my computer messed up the format just changed it so it was easier to read)

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
I've seen how helpful you are, the community likes you A LOT, and your maturity and knowledge of the server is wide and serious. I'm going to be more than happy to see you becoming an Operator, so take my +1 and enjoy! Also, add me to the references please.

Mia

Reaction score
I've seen how helpful you are, the community likes you A LOT, and your maturity and knowledge of the server is wide and serious. I'm going to be more than happy to see you becoming an Operator, so take my +1 and enjoy! Also, add me to the references please.
Thankyou! Will add you to references in the morning! :)

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Haven't seen you around as much as I'd like to, but I'd just like to note that you were indeed permanently banned on another server here. Your application seems very upbeat - you're incredibly enthusiastic, and many wouldn't see how one can uphold the rules on one server while being banned on another - however, I am a firm believer in second chances - I'm willing to put that behind me for the time being and I'll watch you closer.

I'm going to give you a 0 for now.

• Love
Reactions: Mia

Mia

Reaction score
Haven't seen you around as much as I'd like to, but I'd just like to note that you were indeed permanently banned on another server here. Your application seems very upbeat - you're incredibly enthusiastic, and many wouldn't see how one can uphold the rules on one server while being banned on another - however, I am a firm believer in second chances - I'm willing to put that behind me for the time being and I'll watch you closer.

Yes I am banned on another server but I am sincerely sorry for that and wished to start on a new page, but your mistakes will always come to haunt you once or a few times. I can defiantly uphold the rules and do /rules often as I learnt from my last mistakes.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Alright, you are a really friendly and approachable person, and I honestly think you'd be a great operator. You've stated what the role entails, you've shown you're friendly and helpful. Not to mention you're very active.
Whilst you were banned before, it was a rule that often gets broken due to misunderstanding, so I'm letting you off on that one and going with a +1 c:

• Thank You
Reactions: Mia

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score

Yeah pretty much this ^ I haven't really seen you all that much either, and the fact you're permanently banned on another server is a bit heavy, so i'm going to have to go with a 0 for now

Mia

Reaction score

Yeah pretty much this ^ I haven't really seen you all that much either, and the fact you're permanently banned on another server is a bit heavy, so i'm going to have to go with a 0 for now

I knew this would conflict with my application, but I was inspired to give it a shot as I have heard many stories of people being banned and becoming operators on the same server. As for not seeing me around, I am actually very active, I am guessing it would be time zones. But now I am on 2 week holidays so I will be on very often almost every day! I hope to see you all around soon so we can get to know each other better.

tnm

Reaction score
Pretty much what Prizyms said. I haven't seen enough of you to know what you'd be like as a staff member (this is probably because you live the other side of the world to me). I'm going with a 0 for now.

Mia

Reaction score
I am now on holidays therefore I can stay up later and earlier so maybe I will see one or two of you around ;)
As for my ban as I stated I am sincerely sorry and instead of letting that push down my confidence and enthusiasm, let it actually improve it by taking the things I have done wrong and correcting them for the future. I want to make Blocktopia the best place I can and I won't let being banned stand in my way to help others out as much as I can. I would be grateful if you would give me a chance to prove that I am worth giving a go. Thanks :)
Hope to see you all around soon and have a chat.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Right, I see that most of the staff is going with a "0" to this, and I honestly know Mia, and that she's become much more aware of the rules and helpful. I don't see why one ban would deter things so much, since it's in the past and we all deserve a second chance to learn from our mistakes.

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with what pris and nate said, and I'm going to go with a 0. I never really see you on much either, and when I do, I don't see you helping very much. Hopefully ill see you on and you can have a chance to change my vote.

Good luck with the rest of your app!

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Right, I see that most of the staff is going with a "0" to this, and I honestly know Mia, and that she's become much more aware of the rules and helpful. I don't see why one ban would deter things so much, since it's in the past and we all deserve a second chance to learn from our mistakes.
Might i add a quote from the banning operator aswell: "first you get 5 warnings. That is auto ban. Then you get unbanned, and after that you griefed " I simply think the ban out ways any of the good things said about mad11gab8, especially seeing as though a 2nd chance was used on jte . Plus i don't have any of my own experiences to go by. So i'm going to stand firm with my 0

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I am vetoing due to the recency of my promotion.

Damer_Flinn
Nillbugwtw
I'm actually going to have to agree with Jub's decision. Even though you may have changed now, it still does not excuse the fact that you are permanently banned on another one of our servers. Not a single one of the current staff on any of the servers are currently permanently banned on other servers. If anything, this alone would possibly decline your application - jeremy1560's application was declined by Yuck purely because he was banned on SMP at the time. However, some of the staff (including me) have decided to give you a second chance, but thinking through, a permanent ban may be too much of a shadow over you to allow you to become an Operator here. I'm not saying this purely because of Jub's post - I have discussed this with him, and we both feel that someone permanently banned for continually breaking rules on another server shouldn't really be allowed to impose rules here. Sorry.