Lower Shotgun cost

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Darths not knowing prices aside, lowering the price to make it cost effective would be a bad move. Cost effective things get spammed. Spam is bad.

Edit: Thought of a way to illustrate my point right after posting: Imagine if every good item cost enough so that you could use it as much as the pistol.

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
As an avid shotgun user, I am going to have to strongly oppose this for a simple reason - spammable shotguns (i.e. you get your points back in a single kill) along with the upgrades can be absolutely devastating. When used correctly, especially in conjunction with upgrades, shotguns can be used to get almost consistent multi-kills. Furthermore, it's fairly difficult to "miss" with a shotgun, so by a 14 kill streak (I think), shotguns can pretty much be spammed without losing points.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Shotguns, when used correctly, have an almost 100% kill chance even if you're lagging a few seconds, and even more so when you've upgraded it, you can easily get double or triple kills.
Having 15 points requirement means you need to know how to use a shotgun to get money back: You need to get double kills to have a profit from using them. It's similar to rockets in that sense.
Are you aware no one used to use pistols, but after lots of the staff and veteran players made common use of them, everyones started to make use of them? The same applied for rockets; No one but me used them, and because I used them exceptionally cleverly, many other people started using it in similar ways.

So put a block down, and place an orange cloth on top of it, and you've got a huge kill count. Or use a rocket to clean up the job. :)

T

Tiger_087

I thought shotguns were already overpowered...and that's coming from someone who's been victim to hundreds of shotgun deaths.
Yes it is a good weapon, and that's why all of the pros have bought nearly every upgrade for it.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Hmm..take one of the deadliest weapons in the game and make it cost effective. Great idea! While we're at it, why not reduce the rocket price?
In other words: bad idea