Looking For A Good Gaming Headset With Mic

LavaSurviver

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm looking for a good gaming headset with a mic for mac. My max price is probably around $50, but $20 -$35 is best. I am going to use it for video commentary, Skype, and game chat. If anyone has any good ideas please tell me :)

paceboys

Reaction score
Turtle Beach X12? I think it's decent but I don't know much about headsets.
I literally came to this thread to say turtlebeaches x12
Thats what i have. I love them. And because im me, ive dropped them, and nothing happened. (my brother pulled the two sides apart and it still works)
Im not sure how cheap they are. I think mine were 10$ above your max (60$ total) but it is well worth it.
Hope i could help.
Actually, while i think of it, there are good razer headsets too. But i dont know how much those are.

Spencer75

Reaction score
I've had my Turtle Beach x11's for about 4 years now and not had a single fault with them. One of my friends recently bought a Turtle Beach x12 and I've found them to be good too. He got his off Amazon for about £35 ($53) so I'd recommend either of them. I think x11's are going up in price though.

LavaSurviver

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
There are decent enough headsets for your purposes out there, and I couldn't name many - but there are certain setups that are better than others. For example, some guy I don't remember the name of went on TS one day and as soon as he joined and spoke I thought someone was playing a youtube video, I had to alt tab to see if it really was someone or not. If you want high quality, (Niichts on youtube, for my 'quality' example) there are other ways to get it, probably more on the side of what Agent is talking about.

LavaSurviver

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've had my Turtle Beach x11's for about 4 years now and not had a single fault with them. One of my friends recently bought a Turtle Beach x12 and I've found them to be good too. He got his off Amazon for about £35 ($53) so I'd recommend either of them. I think x11's are going up in price though.
I just got the Turtle Beach x12's and they sound and feel great. One problem: The mic doesn't work. I have read about 100 forum pages on this problem, half saying the mic just doesn't work on Mac, the other half saying something about System Preferences that I tried and it still doesn't work. The thing is, I can hear myself in the mic in my headphones but when I record, nothing. Any help?

jameswest

Reaction score
I also need a little bit of help. I'm looking for a good headset because I purchased an xbox about 3 weeks ago and the headset that came with it is a piece of crap and it already shorts out. This is my first time really getting into gaming so I don't know what the better products or brands of headsets are. I've been doing a lot of research and I'd like to spend under $100. I've been looking around and I found this site http://www.squidoo.com/best-wireless-gaming-headset that has reviews on a bunch of different headsets and after reading the reviews and having a $100 price range I really like the logitech g930 model. I'm hoping some of you may be able to give me some advice or give me some other suggestions before I make the purchase?