Name Of Map: Left or Right?
Author: Juliahansen88
Size: 101 x 103
Map boundary: Centre: x:2637 y:65 z:-1055
kits: HUNTER: Canible
SURVIVOR: Journeyman, Ninja
random or choose kits: random
screenshots:

notes: I made this Maze map because AOD, doesn't have one classic maze map, yes they have labyrinths, tunnels etc. but not one classic leave hedge map, so i decided to make one! :), it took me a lot of time to make this and i hope it does get accepted because, come on.... anyone LOVES confusion once in a while, I have good loot spread evenly around the map (in chests) and i do have at least more than 5 chests. Please have a think about it, i have known a few maze maps have been submitted to the AOD maps, and most of then have got declined ;( Please feel free (anyone) to have a look at the maze map on bb on my plot, the warp is ./warp mazemap
download link: LeftorRight.schematic 1 download
input file:

Code:
map name: Left or Right?
author: Juliahansen88
build time: 60
game time: 500
world time: 12000
spawn protector time: 0
world weather: 0
team0
spawn type: 0
spawn location: x: 2597
y: 65
z: 1056
choose kit: false
one kit per round: false
kit reset time: 0
box change: 0
team1
spawn type: 0
spawn location:  x: 2597
z: 1056
choose kit: false
centre: x: 2637
        z: -1055
world size: 101x1015
sky limit: 256
reset inventory: false
can use locate: true
survivor restricted place all: false
survivor restricted break all: true
hunter restricted place all: false
hunter restricted break all: true
mystery box change: 0
survivor restricted break: true
survivor restricted place: false
survivor restricted break ex: false
hunter restricted place: true
hunter restricted break: false
kit:
HUNTER:
        Canible

- IRON_CHESTPLATE
        - CHAIN_LEGGINGS
        -IRON_BOOTS
        - IRON SWORD
SURVIVOR:
        JourneyMan:
        - IRON_HELMET
        - IRON_CHESTPLATE
        - IRON_LEGGINGS
        - IRON_BOOTS
        - STONE_SWORD

Julia Hansen

Reaction score

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
I would suggest evening out the hunter/survivor kits, just a little. Since Hunters can't wear any kind of helmets, I suggest giving them an iron chestplate. As for Survivors, I'd suggest you add a healthpot, with insta-health 2. Other than the spelling errors, I think this'll be a great addition to AoD's list of maps.

Julia Hansen

Reaction score
I would suggest evening out the hunter/survivor kits, just a little. Since Hunters can't wear any kind of helmets, I suggest giving them an iron chestplate. As for Survivors, I'd suggest you add a healthpot, with insta-health 2. Other than the spelling errors, I think this'll be a great addition to AoD's list of maps.
ok ill take a note on that, i will edit the post and change the things you have suggested. Because other than the fact of my being so dumb about forgetting hunters don't wear helmets, i will change the hunters kit.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It doesn't actually look that bad to me; ever so slightly plainer than something like Reverence, but it looks nice. I do know that the AoD staff prefer not to submit maps with dead ends, (In fact, it's on Guinessis's list of things not to do ever), and this map has quite a few. That's why labyrinths are a bit better: no dead ends. Good luck with the submission!
Also, the word is spelt 'cannibal'
;3

• Agree
Reactions: Solis22

Julia Hansen

Reaction score
It doesn't actually look that bad to me; ever so slightly plainer than something like Reverence, but it looks nice. I do know that the AoD staff prefer not to submit maps with dead ends, (In fact, it's on Guinessis's list of things not to do ever), and this map has quite a few. That's why labyrinths are a bit better: no dead ends. Good luck with the submission!
Also, the word is spelt 'cannibal'
;3
Yes i have known about that, and i am very aware.... i am asked a few ops about what they think about it and they quite liked it, i asked them about dead ends, and one said: "it says AVOID dead ends, but doesn't mean YOU HAVE TO"

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I like how detailed this map is!

Edit: Now that the post has been completed, disregard this one.
oh gmk, what wrong? you wrote "i love how detailed the map" then you wanted to disregard this one?
He wrote that, when you derped with posting thread - it was sarcasm or something.

Then he edited his post to say ignore it, after you filled format.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I'd suggest using the format found here: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads...-map-information-compulsory-format-here.8233/. Also leave some screenshots, where to find the map and details on it ;)
yeah i made a huge mistake i am putting photos and stuff but i accidenlty pressed submit before i actually FINISHED MAKING THE POST XD LOL, yeah have a look now i have all the details XD
It looks great to me! Good luck on the app ;)

Guinessis

Reaction score
Yes i have known about that, and i am very aware.... i am asked a few ops about what they think about it and they quite liked it, i asked them about dead ends, and one said: "it says AVOID dead ends, but doesn't mean YOU HAVE TO"
That about sums it up! Dead ends on their own aren't necessarily bad, they are just bad if the map is full of them and has little continuity. For a maze map such as this one, dead ends are perfectly fine and expected.

Also, my guidelines are not set in stone whatsoever. Everyone has their own tastes.

As for the map itself, I think it would work well as a TAG map actually. Hunters will take a while to find people, and if they get killed by a cluster of survivors after searching for them for several minutes they won't be too happy. I like the fact that you used the leaf blocks for the maze, as this will allow players to see through the walls a little bit, and the beacons should help with navigation. Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: Solis22

Julia Hansen

Reaction score
That about sums it up! Dead ends on their own aren't necessarily bad, they are just bad if the map is full of them and has little continuity. For a maze map such as this one, dead ends are perfectly fine and expected.

Also, my guidelines are not set in stone whatsoever. Everyone has their own tastes.

As for the map itself, I think it would work well as a TAG map actually. Hunters will take a while to find people, and if they get killed by a cluster of survivors after searching for them for several minutes they won't be too happy. I like the fact that you used the leaf blocks for the maze, as this will allow players to see through the walls a little bit, and the beacons should help with navigation. Good luck!
oh wow thanks :), when i saw you posted on the map i was scared XD cause i was thinking oh no.... he might hate my map AAHHH then i saw the comment and i was really pleased :) thanks :)

I'd suggest using the format found here: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads...-map-information-compulsory-format-here.8233/. Also leave some screenshots, where to find the map and details on it ;)
yeah i made a huge mistake i am putting photos and stuff but i accidenlty pressed submit before i actually FINISHED MAKING THE POST XD LOL, yeah have a look now i have all the details XD
It looks great to me! Good luck on the app ;)
thanks :) i hope it goes well too.. (aod really does need a maze map)

ye
I like how detailed this map is!

Edit: Now that the post has been completed, disregard this one.
oh gmk, what wrong? you wrote "i love how detailed the map" then you wanted to disregard this one?
He wrote that, when you derped with posting thread - it was sarcasm or something.

Then he edited his post to say ignore it, after you filled format.[/quote

yeah i know :/

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Julia, I've merged your 3 posts. In the future please refrain from making multiple posts in a row, if you would like to add something more, please edit your previous post with the 'Edit' button.

Julia Hansen

Reaction score
i
Julia, I've merged your 3 posts. In the future please refrain from making multiple posts in a row, if you would like to add something more, please edit your previous post with the 'Edit' button.
i did... when did i make multiple posts? sorry if i never saw
sorry, i was meant to use the edit button, i usually do... but i never realised i actually made a new post

Then he edited his post to say ignore it, after you filled format.
yeah i know :/
He didn't knew how your map looks - nothing is wrong >.>
Anyway good luck on it ;)

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I want it to be included, I know from the times on AoD that I've spent (which isn't an entire much) I've always felt there could've been something where you can just run, no going onto higher levels, just on the same playing field where it's basically run or die. Love it, hope it gets accepted!!
(Also, ignore anything that may seem fuzzy as such in this post, I have an English presentation due tomorrow that I haven't started :p)

Reactions: BiggestKirbyFan
Status
Not open for further replies.