Land of Ooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kordra

Reaction score
Name of map: Land of Ooo
Author: TheReaKordra
Size: 1st end: (1397.0, 64.0, -3387.0) (138).
2nd end: (1588.0, 64.0, -3578.0) (36864).
Map boundary: X= 1491
Z= -3486
Kits: Surprise me
Random or choose kits?: Random

Screenshots: Here is the original post w/screenshots: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/land-of-ooo.13375/

Notes: This was my first build ever on blocktopia. I always wanted to make it a map, and now I'm getting around to it, hope you like it!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hl1orktr8bjhjn4/LandofOoo+(1).schematic

Input File: Just to clear this up, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I gave it my best shot
MapName: Land of Ooo
Author: Kordra
BuildTime: 1:00
GameTime: 600:00
WorldTime: 6000
SpawnProtectTime: N/A
WorldWeather: 0
Team0: No idea
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: 1491
y: 112
z: -3486
ChooseKit: false
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 30 seconds
BoxChance: 5%
Team1: [Survivor Team Data]
SpawnType: 1
SpawnLocation: Random
x: [x coordinate of spawn]
y: [y coordinate of spawn]
z: [z coordinate of spawn]
ChooseKit: false
Centre:
x: 1493
y: 65
z: -3481
WorldSize: 96
SkyLimit: 165
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
MysteryBoxChance: 1%

D

DarkHender

Is there a warp? I'd like to is it in-game if its on BuildBox

Edit: Seen, thank you for responding so quickly though I think this map was rushed, since it is your first build for Blocktopia as said in your original thread.

It's also terribly flat and I can see the WE spheres above in the grass area, as long with the mushroom area being completely bare and un-textured in most parts.

I think it has potential, but I think it needs work.

Kordra

Reaction score
Is there a warp? I'd like to is it in-game if its on BuildBox

Edit: Seen, thank you for responding so quickly though I think this map was rushed, since it is your first build for Blocktopia as said in your original thread.

It's also terribly flat and I can see the WE spheres above in the grass area, as long with the mushroom area being completely bare and un-textured in most parts.

I think it has potential, but I think it needs work.
Well, like I said, it was my first build so it's not all that high quality, but I worked pretty hard on it and I'm pretty proud of it overall.. If the flatness is a problem, I can definitely work around that. I made some stuff to make it less flat before submitting it for that very reason, although I suppose it wasn't enough.. I can defiantly adhere to any complaints that people might have. Thanks for the feedback.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I looked through the Imgur pictures, and Like DarkHender said: It does look a tad bit rushed, and the World-edit spheres are rather obvious. I'm not really TOO picky with the design of maps, but obvious W.E spheres are a poor sight.

Also something that bothers me is the "Kits: Surprise me."
A lot of people probably would like to know what items they would be working with while Playing the map. Also it makes it so much easier to just take the Input file and put it in with kits pre-selected by the Map maker.

"SpawnLocation: Random" also bothers me slightly. I would assume that would mean there is no defined Spawn location, which isn't what I personally look for in AoD maps.

You are a good map maker, or you do good when helping with maps. But, as said, this is the first map you've built. First maps aren't always perfect.

There is room for improvement, and I don't think this map is good for Army of Darkness.
I'm going to go with a -1.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I know I told you before you even submitted the map to smoothen the map out more because I seen a lot of WE that was very noticeable. I am very picky about seeing obvious WE on a map. It almost shows me that you didn't put much effort into it. Then you don't have any kits? I'm not sure what that is about. That's about it and I'm going to have to go with a -1 sorry!

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Denied! Sorry but you your map will be declined. Take into account next time when someone gives there opinions on the map to try and improve it and try and make the adjustments to the map next time. Then don't be afraid to ask some BB operators for some help on how to use WE. They are there to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.