Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
Name of map: l4d2_deadcenter_hotel
Author: davidjl123, Jubjubers, superstein
Size: 100 x 100
Map boundary: There are wood blocks placed on the ground that signify the map boundary.
Kits: Survivors: Coach, Ellis, Nick, Rochelle
Hunters: Boomer, Charger, Common, Smoker, Tank (first hunter)

Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/9yumD
Notes: This map will not allow block breaking/building, and will also not allow TNT and mob damage.
Fire spread will be off. ok
Build time will be 80 seconds (1.3 minutes).
Round time will be 420 seconds (7 minutes).
Spawn point will be x 34, y 122, z 8.
The time of day is midday (12:00 pm).
I made this map because Left 4 Dead 2 is one of my favorite games and there are no AoD maps based on it. We had a lot of fun making this map! Dedicated to Nibbsy.

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?bxhayad9br1vfnh
Input File: http://pastebin.com/6jQBAnvi

Last edited:

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Iron Chestplate might be a little overpowered compared to the Leather Armor Kits, unless there's like Iron Swords and perhaps Gold Chestplates/Chain Chestplates, nerf the Iron Chestplate to Gold Chestplate/Chain Chestplate or add Gold Chestplate/Chain Chestplate to Survivor and Hunter kits.

Also is there a warp on BuildBox? I'd like to see it in-game, before I put a voting on this.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Iron Chestplate might be a little overpowered compared to the Leather Armor Kits, unless there's like Iron Swords and perhaps Gold Chestplates/Chain Chestplates, nerf the Iron Chestplate to Gold Chestplate/Chain Chestplate or add Gold Chestplate/Chain Chestplate to Survivor and Hunter kits.

Also is there a warp on BuildBox? I'd like to see it in-game, before I put a voting on this.

There's no BB warp as it was build on a private server hosted by David, sorry bby.

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com

I changed the Iron Chestplate on the Tank to Chain Chestplate.

--------

Also:

> Downloads: 2

Download the map dammit! :(

W

Wimali

I've been waiting for this, it looks amazing! I'd personally go on AoD just to play this map.

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
Last edited:
Reactions: Naoh
G

Guest35486

Right, let me start this off. This map is really detailed and people who play L4D2 will enjoy this map. I looked through the kits, chests, and the map itself. I believe this map will be a great addition to the Army of Darkness server. I vote a +1

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
So did a run through of the map before I made the final decision. I came across 2 major problems with the map right now. The number of chests on the map and the size of the map. Maybe just go through the map add another floor of rooms and add a few more chests here and there. Let me know what you think about making these changes.

• Thank You
Reactions: davidjl123 and Naoh

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
So did a run through of the map before I made the final decision. I came across 2 major problems with the map right now. The number of chests on the map and the size of the map. Maybe just go through the map add another floor of rooms and add a few more chests here and there. Let me know what you think about making these changes.

I will implement more chests, but I'm not sure about the extra floor idea. One of the reasons I wanted to build this map was to make it as close to the actual game as possible.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I will implement more chests, but I'm not sure about the extra floor idea. One of the reasons I wanted to build this map was to make it as close to the actual game as possible.
Alright that's fine if you want it to be exactly as the original map. One thing we could do is add another section of the play through. This would require a lot more work because if I remember correctly the next section of the original map was quiet big.

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
Alright that's fine if you want it to be exactly as the original map. One thing we could do is add another section of the play through. This would require a lot more work because if I remember correctly the next section of the original map was quiet big.

Yes, we're also working on the Streets level of Dead Center, but we're not sure about that too because we're 20% done and it's already as big as a full-size AoD map.

Maybe I can add a section of the Streets map to the Hotel map (eg. the hotel outside entrance)?

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Yes, we're also working on the Streets level of Dead Center, but we're not sure about that too because we're 20% done and it's already as big as a full-size AoD map.

Maybe I can add a section of the Streets map to the Hotel map (eg. the hotel outside entrance)?

You know it might not matter about the size of the map. You can always give hunters a speed boost/ enderpearl ect to help them reach the survivors faster if the map is big.

That would be great! I will keep this submission open for now and I'll check up with you every so often to see how things are going. Thanks!

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Concept: I really like the idea of a L4D2 map and think it would fit AoD perfectly.

Execution: I think the map was done incredibly well and I really like it. Reminded me a lot of the L4D2 map as I was running around, which is the whole point.

Gameplay: I am a bit worried about the map generally being linear like the game. I think most people will rush to the very end and wait for hunters to make it to them. I think the map size is fine. I am not sure about the number of chests nor the contents of the chests. The 8 ender pearls might end up
posing a problem due to people most likely using them to get outside the map or get past barriers that only ender pearls allow them to. People might also end up running out of food. There are also 9 iron swords on the map with 4 of them being directly at the spawn point. With the current hunter kits, I think it will end up being a hunter grinder as many of the survivors will have chain or iron armor from the chests and cutting through hunters easily with an iron sword. There are also web in chests although neither team is able to place it.

Kits: The hunter kits may be a bit under powered compared to the armor and weapons the survivors will have after going through the chests. Survivors will likely run out of food although I suppose they could eat the rotten flesh from hunters if they kill. There also doesn't seem to be a HunterFree kit.

I really like the map but there are still a few areas that need working on. Going with a 0 for the time being but I think it will end up changing with future changes.

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
Updated the map a bit. Please redownload accordingly!

(Note: I tried to make the way to the safe room/end room challenging. I was worried about this problem as well, and I tried to fix it.)

@Haysagar @Mmarz11

- Removed Ender Pearls from chests.
- Changed kits a bit.
- Fixed MapName in input file. It's meant to be l4d2_deadcenter_hotel, entirely lowercase.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bxhayad9br1vfnh

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
The map looks very detailed. As I'm looking through it, I can't help but notice all of the design touches that show that attention to detail mattered in the creation of this map. I'm worried though about the chest by spawn with the armor, swords, and steak. I'd prefer to see the contents of this chest spread throughout the map where one person does not hog it all quite as easily. The kits seemed fairly balanced, though I am slightly worried about 'Rochelle' having no armor.

I'm going to go with a 0, leaning toward a +1.

After thinking on it a bit, I've decided to go with a +1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.