Kuromono13's Advanced Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuromono13

Reaction score
Username: Kuromono13
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: for about 7 months now.
References (Adv+): tnmjimbob, NogTrog, SalientGorilla, Jubjubers
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations):
Refer to Avenguard Keep, Tartuga, & Dourbridge

For the First build (avenguard ( me and Jub)) I built most of the castle, did the interiors, built most of the Chapel finished the river I also did lot of terraformin and did some touch-up.
/warp Jubplot2 to view that
For the 2nd build k1nghoward let me borrow his plot so a big thanks to him!
do /warp JubKuroK1ng (originally supposed to be map colab but the fellowship of the plot failed)
And the 3rd: My current map Dourbridge
/warp KuroAoD
For Screenshots of the following please view this link (exclude coronis because I dont have the map on buildbox anymore)(If somehow I can still make that count even though I don't have warps tell me.

Screenshots :
http://kuromono13.imgur.com/

Signed: Kuromono13

tnm

Reaction score
As I did reference you, and the buildings are of a good standard, it's +1 from me!

EDIT: there are a few areas that lack a bit of detail, however, in saying that, I'm still going with my +1!

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
Dourbridge seems a bit too flat in the outer area and is missing some things, while the middle is just a small mountain with hardly anything else surrounding. Even though inside there is a cave and it's quite detailed so it makes up for it slightly.

Tartuga is just two islands with a temple on the large island. What could set it apart even more though could be making terrain underwater so it actually looks more realistic overall. (talking about to the side) All it is is flat.

Now then, Avenguard keep is your best so far. and I'm sure of that. The detail in this is exquisite however, it is slightly common to make castles/keeps and such. I just wish there could have been some things more that really captivates your attention, nothing really popped out at me here. It might just be me or the sky but it also seems a little dull with all the gray.

For those reasons, I shall be going with a 0. You're a good builder, I just find you're not ready yet for the title of adv builder.

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
Avenguard keep is great, I really like that build. The Coronis build is quite cool too, but I think Dour bridge and Tartuga especially could use a little x factor. Dour bridge needs perhaps some trees or something to use up that flat open space around the mountain (of which I will add has been made well). Tartuga if I'm honest could use a fair bit of adjustment, so much so I think your better to improve Dour Bridge in order to have your 3 Advanced quality builds.

Trees, more buildings, a small lake, ruins perhaps, maybe a guard tower or something. Your very close, improve one of the builds mentioned and you'll have the rank. You can do it. (It's a 0 until I see the improvements incase you didn't work that out)

Marvelfan01

Reaction score
I think that Kuro would be a good Adv. He builds constantly, stays active on Blocktopia servers, and I could say a responsible Builder. Although, I have to agree with Marlem a bit, Tartuga is lacking variety of islands and also lacking a bit detail. The other builds are great, Avenguard has that abandoned and alone feel, that catches my attention. But rather than a few little Con's, Kuro can be a wonderful Advanced and a respected member of the Lime club.
(P.S. Kuro check the months in the second response. :p)

Kuromono13

Reaction score
Avenguard keep is great, I really like that build. The Coronis build is quite cool too, but I think Dour bridge and Tartuga especially could use a little x factor. Dour bridge needs perhaps some trees or something to use up that flat open space around the mountain (of which I will add has been made well). Tartuga if I'm honest could use a fair bit of adjustment, so much so I think your better to improve Dour Bridge in order to have your 3 Advanced quality builds.

Trees, more buildings, a small lake, ruins perhaps, maybe a guard tower or something. Your very close, improve one of the builds mentioned and you'll have the rank. You can do it. (It's a 0 until I see the improvements incase you didn't work that out)
I have completely updated dourbridge. Me and werdnandrew12 are doinga another AoD map colab. And he is letting me use it in my adv application. I built the houses and built the canyon. I also did some terraforming.
If you want to check out the updated version. Please do /warp Dourbridge

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
I have completely updated dourbridge. Me and werdnandrew12 are doinga another AoD map colab. And he is letting me use it in my adv application. I built the houses and built the canyon. I also did some terraforming.
If you want to check out the updated version. Please do /warp Dourbridge
Now that's what I'm talking about. Lovely build, I wonder if the extensive amount of stone and gravel is a little overwhelming but that would just be playing the devils advocate. Plus the fact you were happy to do major alterations to a build that was still above average is impressive, I'm happy to see you bump up a rank. +1

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Your terraforming skills are pretty sweet. I like Avenguard Keep and Tartuga. Actually, Tartuga looks nice, the way that the island is situated within a circular waterfall... But what bothers me about the waterfall is that there is no land for the water mass to flow on. You may have not intended it to look like that, but to be straightforward, I think that it would look better with some land under the water itself.

Although, I think that the castle in Avenguard Keep looks interesting and has a few neat details in it-- I feel that there could be a few more builds here and there on your other maps. Other than that, I think that your terraforming skills alone should get you AdvBuilder.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You have a great feel for delivering a good standard when making terrain and I believe that is one of the more harder topics in building. Not everyone can make terrain look realistic and then add a specific building to it that actually fits the theme and looks great over-all!

You have my +1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.