Kallies op application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalliee

Reaction score
Here it goes.

In-game username: Kallie_S

Time-zone: UTC/GMT -6 hours

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
It depends on the day. On Monday - Thursday 1-5 hours On Friday - Sunday 3-5 hours But I will almost always be on IRC (unless I’m at school)

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
I think being a RoF op means keeping the server in order. I also think that we have to make sure everyone is having fun, and following the rules. But most importantly, be fair to everyone.
If a person gets flooded, I will deal with it as fast as i can. I will give any and all people restores. I will also help out new players with things like building houses and telling them how to build their houses and what to build it with. I will try as hard as as I can to help out with everyone

What sets you apart from other applicants?
Most of the other applicants probably haven’t staffed on other servers. Some people abuse the power and don’t really help out. When I was staffing, I learned it was more fun to hangout with people and less fun when you tried to act all better with people. I also believe the other applicants might not do what they say. But I almost never lie (except when I say that I didn’t eat my brothers chocolate, I tend to do that a lot.)

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
My greatest weakness would have to be the way I type. Most of the time I type pretty fast. But when I do type fast, I tend to mess up. When I type slow, Nothing really gets done. If I’m on my dads laptop at my house, I’m good at typing, fast and well. When I’m at my grandmothers house, I tend to type slower, I’m guessing because the computer and the keyboard are very old. But I’m rarely at my grandmothers house, so problem solved. (kind of)

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
First I would as any other ops online. Hopefully we could work it out together. If not then I will go on IRC and hope to get help there. If that doesn't work, I will try to figure it out the best I can, and ask for how to solve it. And then when someone does come online, I will ask them then.
What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
Nope I wish I did. Though I have staffed in other Communities.

References:
Harold1995

63LittlePiggy63

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This is a very unexpected app, to say the least. I honestly never considered you as a potential candidate, and as such I haven't been paying adequate attention to your actions. I'm going to take a look at things and make my decision. I'm glad you applied, good luck! :)

EDIT: You're very friendly, and you're also involved in our community. I'm not sure how you would be as a new staff member. However, that's no reason to stop you from trying it out! I vote +1 for a trial, best of luck!

D

DarkHender

LavaPrem

This hasnt been seen by many staff members.
I'm also not sure if youre ready to be staff yet. I havent seen enough of you helping out to be quite sure. You seem to understand the responsibilities of a staff member though..
I'll watch you until this application is near being decided on, I'll reply if I have decided to go up to a +1.
Though a 0 stands for now.
Good luck with the rest of your application!

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Okay, I've seen you online a.. semi decent amount. Not as much as I would like, but of course, the time zones are playing a major part in that.

While I have seen you online, I haven't seen you helping out all that much. I also feel it is a bit.. early for your application? I can't think of the right words, but I think if you wait a bit longer that it would do a world of good. Going to go with a 0, there are the good aspects of this, and also the bad.
Good luck!

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
You're a friendly and nice person whenever I see you around the server, and you are active in the chat. But I do not think you're ready yet, going for a 0 for now.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
You haven't stood out to me, and I haven't been around as of late; nothing useful from me is coming to mind about this application, so I have no vote.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Okay Kallie, I see you very actively on the server time to time however I don't see you standing out of the crowd for me, of course you help out now and then, but half the time I just see you AFK-ing in someones house

So I'm going to go with a 0

Maybe if I see you helping a bit more and being a tad more active then you might get a +1 from me

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Kallie,

As all the OPs mentioned, it seems like you'll need to improve your in-game productivity before you're ready for an Operator position. I'm going to have to decline for now. Take the advice from the operators and see if you can apply it to yourself in game, and when we feel that you've improved enough you may re-apply in the future. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.