Jungle_Rush

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
I hope the leaves and tree blocks are op_ or door_ :p
I like it, the screenshots make the map look and feel very jungle-isk (which was obviously your main objective).
The only thing I'm a bit "meh" about this map is that it looks just like all the other runner maps previous to this which doesn't really show much innovation, but other than that, Nice Map :).

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I hope the leaves and tree blocks are op_ or door_ :p
I like it, the screenshots make the map look and feel very jungle-isk (which was obviously your main objective).
The only thing I'm a bit "meh" about this map is that it looks just like all the other runner maps previous to this which doesn't really show much innovation, but other than that, Nice Map :).
I agree with the majority of what Hype has stated above.
Honestly, although I have no spent that much time on the server recently, there has always been a bit of an overgrowth and influx of runner maps; many that are not particularly interesting or fun to play on. I do not mean offense, but again, honestly, I don't quite want to see another one on the server.

At least... Not quite yet.

I can't tell much about the map from the screenshots.
You really cant just tell much about a runner map from the screenshots, since it varies in terrain greatly and tends to be needed to be seen in a in-person view to get a good idea of the course laid out.
However, from what I can see from the screenshots it seems similar to some runner maps you've made in the past, such as Epic_Run.

And on terms of the "jungle" aspect, I am not entirely certain its necessary.
I admit, normal running maps, in a sense, are drab and boring, and are normally composed singularly of adminium and bedrock blocks, which makes the map slightly unappealing and difficult to see on.
But really, just changing the walls and floor with a coat of jungle-esq styled blocks does not entirely fit my thoughts of a jungle-themed running map. If there were trees and in a witty and assorted variety and other ideas that mesh well into the situation seems more appropriate. Make the environment into the jump course. Just changing the coat of paint doesn't change anything in the long run.
It's just like how we "basically" get the same CoD game every year. There may be a new style to it, but nothing is really added onto the base mechanics.

But!... There is always an alternative side.
I would say it is, and honestly, all of your maps are pretty much solid, and well built, and is basically perfectly fine overall. I'm certain it would still provide the same enjoyment from players as other runner maps.
As Hype said. It IS a good/nice map.
It just doesn't... Stand out, in a sense.

BUT... I tend to be overly-critical of pretty much EVERYTHING so I probably took a lot of things out of proportion and you probably shouldn't listen to anything I just said. xD

Reactions: ReyvnNova

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with the majority of what Hype has stated above.
Honestly, although I have no spent that much time on the server recently, there has always been a bit of an overgrowth and influx of runner maps; many that are not particularly interesting or fun to play on. I do not mean offense, but again, honestly, I don't quite want to see another one on the server.

At least... Not quite yet.

I can't tell much about the map from the screenshots.
You really cant just tell much about a runner map from the screenshots, since it varies in terrain greatly and tends to be needed to be seen in a in-person view to get a good idea of the course laid out.
However, from what I can see from the screenshots it seems similar to some runner maps you've made in the past, such as Epic_Run.

And on terms of the "jungle" aspect, I am not entirely certain its necessary.
I admit, normal running maps, in a sense, are drab and boring, and are normally composed singularly of adminium and bedrock blocks, which makes the map slightly unappealing and difficult to see on.
But really, just changing the walls and floor with a coat of jungle-esq styled blocks does not entirely fit my thoughts of a jungle-themed running map. If there were trees and in a witty and assorted variety and other ideas that mesh well into the situation seems more appropriate. Make the environment into the jump course. Just changing the coat of paint doesn't change anything in the long run.
It's just like how we "basically" get the same CoD game every year. There may be a new style to it, but nothing is really added onto the base mechanics.

But!... There is always an alternative side.
I would say it is, and honestly, all of your maps are pretty much solid, and well built, and is basically perfectly fine overall. I'm certain it would still provide the same enjoyment from players as other runner maps.
As Hype said. It IS a good/nice map.
It just doesn't... Stand out, in a sense.

BUT... I tend to be overly-critical of pretty much EVERYTHING so I probably took a lot of things out of proportion and you probably shouldn't listen to anything I just said. xD
This

• Creative
Reactions: JohnOgozalek

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
For my two cents on this (some of it has already been said above as well), I'm not opposed to new runner maps being submitted. Even though we have many, we can look at it this way and save it to switch into the server in the future. That would take care of the overplayed ones that can be seen in almost every rotation if not all.

For example, we have 6 rotations. Instead of rotating between these runner maps in those 6 rotations- dontstop, ripoff, crazystairs- we can mix it up with a brand new runner map each time.

There's still the factors of theme and originality though, so don't just make an adminium cube either. Hopefully, this would encourage more runner maps, but don't forget hiding maps are just as good too, sometimes preferred over running maps. Some runner maps I see way too often, so that's why I wanted to input this, but that's just me though x].

On the actual map itself, I think you could do different variations of running maps than ones based on dontstop/ripoff (since this looks from the screenshots to be somewhat similar to them). Guinessis made a map (ravine?) that had a nice runner feel to it but also changed it up a bit by making it pathways leading to rooms and that room connects to other paths and stuff. There weren't really places to hide for the most part, so I would consider it a run map. kingofthehill was also another "different" run map that I enjoyed. Running maps like that would definitely spice things up a bit and might make things funner, because I enjoy seeing new maps placed into the server and played =]. I'm sure others would agree too!

-Also, don't get me wrong, this isn't to discourage you or anything, because I really appreciate all the maps you made for the Zombie Server =]. Just inputting some ideas that could help spark your already excellent creativity. So yeah.