Journey to Elysium PvP Rules - Compendium

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Introduction

Because that the PvE and PvP in the world is seperated, there will be seperated rules too. This thread applies only to the PvP side of the world and the Nether, and may under no circumstance be applied to the PvE side, except when the same rule is stated in the PvE Rules Compendium. This thread will be updated from time to time, if you want to make sure that you are doing fine on the server you will need to check this thread regularly.

Rules:

1. No hacking allowed.

2. No abuse of bugs/glitches.

3. Only mods that are stated in the "allowed mods thread" will be tolerated, others are banned.

4. Modifying structures not is allowed.
4.1. If the protection plugin is acting up, you may not grief any protected area. (See rule 2)
4.2. For clarification, you may steal from any chest, as long as you don't grief.
Evading a fight is allowed.

5.1. This means that you may walk into the PvE zone, or no-PvP zones to protect yourself from going to die.
5.1.1. Any evasion needs to be happening while being logged on.
5.2. This does not mean you may log off to protect yourself from going to die.

6. Respect your fellow players and staff.
6.1. No excessive language.
6.1.1. Staff has the final call if it is appropiate or not.
6.2. Don't insult.

7. No advertisement.
7.1. If there is anything you want to say about another community, contact a staff member first to be sure that you aren't advertising.

8. You may camp any location.

9. No grinders for exp and items.

As final note, it is your choice to enter the PvP zone or nether.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
To prevent more confusion, I reworded it to modifying structures.
So players can grief into our homes to steal? Or do they need to find a legitimate way to our chests to steal from them, like Primordia?

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
So players can grief into our homes to steal? Or do they need to find a legitimate way to our chests to steal from them, like Primordia?
If you are going to live in the PvP area, yes.
Please note that the rules for the PvE area aren't written yet, and will be updated about a few hours.

And maybe a better answer for you can be found in the introduction

This thread applies only to the PvP side of the world, and may under no circumstance be applied to the PvE side, except when the same rule is stated in the PvE Rules Compendium.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If you are going to live in the PvP area, yes.
Please note that the rules for the PvE area aren't written yet, and will be updated about a few hours.

And maybe a better answer for you can be found in the introduction
Oh, I knew it was for pvp, I just wondered whether you meant players could simply grief into your house and steal or there had to be a legitimate way to the chests, if found, then they may remove blocks on top to steal.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
It is one world, and the two areas are split, I can only tell that the PvE area is a fair bit larger than the PvP one.
It is also clearly stated which area you enter.

I have not really an idea what you mean Danni, let me just put up the PvE rules compendium, and maybe all of your confusions are gone.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
It is one world, and the two areas are split, I can only tell that the PvE area is a fair bit larger than the PvP one.
It is also clearly stated which area you enter.

I have not really an idea what you mean Danni, let me just put up the PvE rules compendium, and maybe all of your confusions are gone.
I think he means when in the PvP world you can't just grief for fun that if you are going to grief it would have to be for stealing not just to piss people off.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I think he means when in the PvP world you can't just grief for fun that if you are going to grief it would have to be for stealing not just to piss people off.
What I mean is, that you may modify any structure you like to.
You may only not modify structures that were in the server already, but you should not be able to, since it is zoned.

storm886

Reaction score
Well I now understand what Marn was talking about when he said this would be a very new idea of a server that Blocktopia has never touched before. These PvP rules bring a whole new fun challenge to the game....I like it.

Also, will the End just be PvE, or will it be split, (same with the Nether)? I am curious because of the grinder rule.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What I mean is, that you may modify any structure you like to.
You may only not modify structures that were in the server already, but you should not be able to, since it is zoned.
So if someone was to make a house in the PvP zone, I can simply go and grief their house for shits and giggles? That's what I am taking in from what you are saying. I mean, if people can go and modify anything they want to, how are users supposed to make legitimate towns and apply for it when users are griefing it.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
So if someone was to make a house in the PvP zone, I can simply go and grief their house for shits and giggles? That's what I am taking in from what you are saying. I mean, if people can go and modify anything they want to, how are users supposed to make legitimate towns and apply for it when users are griefing it.
By catching the people who do it and camping them until they agree to a non-block-aggression treaty.