Journey to Elysium Mapnaming

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I felt like to add to the RPG feel of Journey to Elysium, we could name the biomes and areas and rivers, lakes, and oceans of the map with medieval-magicky type names and such. Post your ideas here!

My ideas (so far):

[Near the Dividing Wall] The Far Lands
[The plains near Carthage] Plains of Ûlnor

torty

Reaction score
Snowy region near to Snowfall (But not actually it),
"The Frozen Glade"? (Since it's quite isolated and open, with trees surrounding).

I like the plains idea, maybe the "Greater Plains" in general? (Aswell as the indivdual plain names) :)

gonkus

Admin
Admin
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The Ice wall between PvP and PvE; The Shield Wall.

Since I'm a Roman History buff, the sea between the Whisper Desert and the Ice Wall, The Sea of Tiberius or The Claudian Sea

Reactions: JohnOgozalek

super-spark

Reaction score
So many places to name...
I've named my home Alvara Island, but I think the sea around it is too big for me alone to name!

Maybe something simple like The Great Sea. I don't know, I'm not much of a writer.

Riketr

Reaction score
I know there's a small tunnel under the wall to the PVP world near Crucia, so I'll name it
Ánpæþ sylfum Wit Wuldorgesteald
(Old English for "Tunnel of Two Realms")

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Simply as this seems a good thread to put it in:

Carthage was a great capital, and the centre of the Carthaginian civilisation. (One of the many badass ancient civilisations which you probably didn't know a lot about!)
Ostia is named after the ancient Roman port, Port Ostia.
Palmyra was an ancient Syrian caravan city for travellers crossing the Syrian desert and was known as the Bridge of the Desert. Abandoned.
Castra is the latin word meaning military fortress.
Roxbourg is quite amusing, I was suggesting names based on lost/abandoned important cities, one of which is Roxburgh (a relatively important Scottish city which was abandoned in the 15th century). However I copied it down wrong, and ended up writing Roxbourg, which people then liked and here we are today!

Hopefully you guys appreciate that there are parallels between the town names and their theme in the server.

The towns were VERY nearly called: Alkatown #1, Port Alkatraz, Alkatraz Oasis, Fort Alkatraz, and Alkatown #2 ;)

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
One place I've noticed noone has named.

The neverlands.

All the dreams that never were, the people who had not come into life, the ambitions of many come to waste. Over an age, these collectively gather together, creating a dark aura which casts these motions from the overlands. These maybes and ifs join and form together to form the neverlands, a dark, twisted, hideous land filled with deformed creatures, the crying souls, and the angry dead. Many have inhabited these planes listless years ago. All that remains of these people are their fortresses and their cadavers, malformed into the facial features of pigs and left to rot. Although these lands may bring you riches, they are still a formidable place. On occasion, you may see an eldritch obelisk standing in an old plain, in a rotted castle. These are the portals to the neverlands, often used as a shortcut between segments of the overlands. To enter these portals to the neverlands, you must surely be a fearless member of the living, or foolish enough to become the next victim of the never.

• Creative
Reactions: Notme