Mafia Host
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What is your in-game name?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Jolterino[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What timezone do you live in?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]GMT+2[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]How many hours have you played on the server for?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]102 hours[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]It heavily depends on my interest on the server. Probably around 10-20 hours a week currently, I’ll be available on Discord for almost the entire day when I’m not sleeping though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What prior staffing experience do you have?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Classic TNT Wars Trusted/Operator[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Adventures & Tournaments Operator[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Dusk of Discordia Operator[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What do you think the role entails?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]The number one job of a staff member is to ensure that everyone on the server is on an even playing field. This usually means calmly solving arguments and disputes between players and answering whatever questions players have about the server. Staff members are the most likely to be remembered by new players therefore they must also be role models and not be hypocritical. Another important role that the staff serve is helping in the creation of content and helping to improve the server in general.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Why do you want to be a staff member?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I have noticed several occasions on the server where a player has needed help and there were no staff available, I think the staff team right now could use more members to help around.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]My main reason for applying is that I wish to help the server grow and increase player retention by introducing new content into the server. I have many ideas I wish to share with the staff team.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I have a decent amount of experience with staffing, both in SMP and out of it. I have a big desire for this server to succeed and feel like it could be an even more amazing server if given the proper attention. I spend most of my time on my computer so I could be reached most of the time if anyone needed help.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]My immediate reaction would be to check for higher ranking staff member to ask for help. If there aren’t any available I would try to find information that might help me solve the problem. If the problem is urgent I would try to make a decision using the best of my judgement, if it’s not very urgent I would wait for a higher ranking staff member and ask for their opinion.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I know I’ve been ragging on the server for the past few days but I promise it has been with the best intentions of trying to improve the server. I really appreciate the work Ogarci has put into the server and hope it will stay alive for a long time.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Also if this application was to be accepted I would probably forfeit my position as Aeres leader. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Please list your references:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I did not ask anyone for a reference, I hope this isn’t a problem.[/BCOLOR]

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
Hey Jolt, to be honest you haven't really stood out to me in the server or in chat.

But my main issue is your past behavior on the forums. (SMP Staff, I can share the incidents to you privately.) And sadly, I haven't seen anything, that would cause me to think that you have changed that much. And it causes me to question whether you are ready for staffing in terms of maturity. It also makes me even more cautious, since you have been "ragging" on the server for the past few days.

So its going to be a 0 from me.

Don't get discouraged Jolt, regardless if you're staff or not. You can always share your ideas for the server to us. :)

EDIT: Due to what I have seen from Jolt on the staff forums and in server. I will bump my vote up to a 0. Ogarci

Last edited:

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Talked to you a lot on TS about the server and ways to improve it.Even your personal testing with a few others for it and i think that part is very good and would help a lot. However, i dont see you on very ofter recently and when you are on you aren't very active in global chat (Then again not many people are active outside family chat) From our discussions i believe you matured a little and you still have room to grow despite your past actions and behaviors.

If you can improve your activity on the server and in chat i think you'd have potential to be a great member of the team so im gonna give you a soft +1 but im leaning towards neutral

• Informative
Reactions: Jivvi

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Your application is fine. You have the right ideas for the server. I like your no-bullshit approach when it comes to dealing with issues. I'm sure you'd make for a good staff member so I am going to give you a +1.

• Informative

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a hard one, as already pointed out, some may think that you are a bit whiny and with a lot of complaints in the chat.
I however think that you are a bit missunderstood, and I have talked to you a lot about the server, you got several great ideas, and after we talked and after this app were posted, I have seen no more stuff that may come across as non nitting from a staff member in chat, that makes me think that you should be able to keep behaving that way if you were to get staff.

You greatest contribution to the staff team would be your dedication to making the server better, with fixing bugs, planning and adding features and events and so on.

I give a 1+ for a trial, and let's see how this plays out.

(I had typed this but for some reason it didn't post, sorry)

• Informative

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Hey jolt,

First off, I think you have a great application here and I love the focus you have on keeping the server successful and retaining players that is really important. Unfortunately I have just really not had the opportunity to see you online very much. The times that I have I really haven't seen you say much in main chat. Which is excusable because I think we all talk more in family chat than anything else, but I'm just left with nothing to really go off of. So I'm not to confident on how great of a judge I would be for you becoming Moderator.

I'm going to have to have to go with a 0. Good luck!

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Jivvi and Jolterino

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not really meant to post here, but admin abuse & I'd just thought I'd post a few words. When I first saw this, I thought "no way". I was thinking it was an awful idea for you to ever be a mod, knowing a bit of your recent history. However, now I've been seeing you a bit more on the SMP staff forums and in-game, I think you'll be an extremely helpful member of the SMP team. For whatever my opinion's worth, I think you deserve a +1, at least for a trial, as I think you can really do well to assist the team.