Item Suggestion: EMP

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I am aware that an item suggestion has been posted before about an EMP, my suggestion shares the same name, but is completely different in concept.

Basically, you place a certain block and all TNTs, rockets, c4s, big TNTs and mines on the map are destroyed. This also removes lava. The cost would be around 500 points? There could also be an upgrade enabling it to disarm nukes and cannons. If this upgrade is impossible to code, then you should just make it disarm nukes and cannons in the first place. For this of you who think that 500 points is too cheap, keep in mind it also disarms allied weapons as well.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Sorry, but most of the maps -NEED- the lava.
Disarming cannons is possible.
But why not disarming upgrades, is not that more useful for an EMP?
Wouldn't that be harder to code? Also, then it won't destroy lava.
If this were to be coded the cost should be way more like 1500 since it cancels the nuke wich costs 1000 and cannons tht cost 400
Keep in mind it also disarms friendly weapons, so its not op

• Informative
Reactions: Luigi

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Nothing actually will be coded without Destroyerx1 at the moment.
Also we have a command to disable entities and clear them all, that is something an EMP -COULD- do.
About the upgrades, it will be possible, but like what I said, not without Destroyerx1.
But image, you make a cannon, and someone uses the EMP, and his cannon is destroyer, would not that cause much confusion and/or raging people (screaming to ops for refunds).

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com

also disarms friendly weapons
"LOL I haz emp and i dunt like my team so i grif there things wit emp lulz"

I just see hatred, rage, extra anger, etc.
I'd say no on the grounds that it is too easily used for teamkilling(Similar to spleefing people off of a cannon, when they are on your team)

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
It's an interesting idea, but unfortunately I don't see it having too much use as a cannon-destroyer.

If, hypothetically, one were to spend 500 points to destroy the other team's cannon, couldn't he instead:
1) use 400 points to buy another cannon to counter it instead (and thereby saving 100 points in the process)
2) buy a bunch of mortars/c4/rockets/etc. and "attack" the cannon so that the other team can't effectively use it (and get a load of kills in the process)
or 3) buy, for example, a portal which would give his team an advantage it getting to the cannon

winner87956

Charlie Sheen Version 87956
Reaction score
If an EMP is to be put into TnT Wars it should have the effects of no use of upgrades. But money shouldn't buy that. I think there should a certain killstreak number that you have the chance to set off an EMP. Maybe 50-100Killstreak

• Agree
Reactions: Amorix
T

Tiger_087

I'm not to keen on this really.
The pistol range upgrades (in total) would mean someone would have to pay 12000 points for +6. Then having that disabled by a 500 point weapon just seems...unfair.
Interesting idea, but I don't think it would be fair on most people.

winner87956

Reaction score
I'm not to keen on this really.
The pistol range upgrades (in total) would mean someone would have to pay 12000 points for +6. Then having that disabled by a 500 point weapon just seems...unfair.
Interesting idea, but I don't think it would be fair on most people.
What if it was a killstreak weapon like I said before.
Needing 50-100 kills in a row without death to summon an EMP.

Reaction score
hihihilolHI I just see way too many people ragequitting, freaking out, griefing, getting pissed and then getting kicked/warned/banned. I admit that even I myself would get frustrated by excessive use of this weapon.

winner87956

Reaction score
COUGH.
Killstreak input. Not buying, but gaining killstreaks
hihihilolHI I just see way too many people ragequitting, freaking out, griefing, getting pissed and then getting kicked/warned/banned. I admit that even I myself would get frustrated by excessive use of this weapon.