Item Suggestion: Dynamite

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Dynamite has a slightly smaller explosion radius than TNT, but does not detonate after 3 seconds. It detonates when there is lava in a space adjacent to it. Example: O=dynamite, X=lava, Z=air
ZXZ
XOX
ZXZ
Will detonate if there is lava in any of these positions (also vertically).

You could use dynamite as instant TNT by placing it next to a lava block on a map where there is lava, or shooting a pistol at it. It would also create some interesting strategies where you checkmate your opponent by placing dynamite at the edge of a TNT explosion radius right before it explodes. You could also use dynamite to set up traps. You can only have 2 dynamites (is that correct grammar? probably not)out at a time.Dynamite would cost 16 points and would be used by placing pink wool.

Upgrades:
------------------------
radius+1 10,000 points
radius +2 20,000 points
-------------------------
breaks metal 7,500 points
able to place 3 at a time 7.500
able to place 4 at a time 10,000
able to place 5 at a time 15,000

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave any comments/suggestions, and please don't rage at me.

Reactions: Luigi and Thymos

sniper17

Reaction score
I like the concept of your idea with the dynamite. But lately we have had problems with the idea of " instant tnt." For example- Grenades they have been placed next to blocks or next to holes that are in the floor of some maps. With that I feel since grenades were spammed this may cause a problem in the future. Also, since the price is quite low they may be used more than other weapons.

But with what I have said there may be already a solution. On some maps there is little to no lava so this may cause the spam and instant kills to be low then maps with lava everywhere.

Don't get me wrong I like your idea. Just throwing out my opinion in this. But I wish you good luck and maybe we can get somewhere with this :)

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I like the concept of your idea with the dynamite. But lately we have had problems with the idea of " instant tnt." For example- Grenades they have been placed next to blocks or next to holes that are in the floor of some maps. With that I feel since grenades were spammed this may cause a problem in the future. Also, since the price is quite low they may be used more than other weapons.

But with what I have said there may be already a solution. On some maps there is little to no lava so this may cause the spam and instant kills to be low then maps with lava everywhere.

Don't get me wrong I like your idea. Just throwing out my opinion in this. But I wish you good luck and maybe we can get somewhere with this :)
Well, you're right about the price. I'll change it to 15. But the thing with instant TNT is that you have to have some skill to use weapons as instant TNT, its not a skill-less weapon. And there aren't that many maps with lots of lava, and on those maps, its still not cost efficient unless you can get a killstreak.

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
I really like the concept of this idea. I have always thought of trying to come up with a weapon like this, but never could explain it. A suggestion I have is to make it a slightly smaller explosion than TNT, and to set a maximum amount of the weapon you can place, probably around 1-2. You could also add an upgrade to increase the amount that your able to place to 2-3. I, like sniper, agree that it is to cheap. Considering that mines cost 16, and are on par with dynamite, I think that your new thought of 15 is good, but 16 would be better.

A concern I have is if it counts as a double kill (or higher in similar situations) if you get one kill with dynamite and one kill with the other weapon causing the lava to hit it. :unsure: If you do get a double kill both weapons, then the price needs to be raised even further. Another concern I have is the instant TNT issue, as sniper brought up. Although, I think it would be less of an issue than c4, considering people who are especially good with the weapon can easily use it as instant TNT, and costs far less than this.

Anyways, good luck with this weapon. I like the idea! :D

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I really like the concept of this idea. I have always thought of trying to come up with a weapon like this, but never could explain it. A suggestion I have is to make it a slightly smaller explosion than TNT, and to set a maximum amount of the weapon you can place, probably around 1-2. You could also add an upgrade to increase the amount that your able to place to 2-3. I, like sniper, agree that it is to cheap. Considering that mines cost 16, and are on par with dynamite, I think that your new thought of 15 is good, but 16 would be better.

A concern I have is if it counts as a double kill (or higher in similar situations) if you get one kill with dynamite and one kill with the other weapon causing the lava to hit it. :unsure: If you do get a double kill both weapons, then the price needs to be raised even further. Another concern I have is the instant TNT issue, as sniper brought up. Although, I think it would be less of an issue than c4, considering people who are especially good with the weapon can easily use it as instant TNT, and costs far less than this.

Anyways, good luck with this weapon. I like the idea! :D
Changed price to 16, set a limit at 2 at a time, added upgrades like you suggested.

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
Only problem is, that dynamite is the same as TNT. If it were to be called something such as 'Petrol bomb' or 'Explosive charge' that would be more suitable.
I do like the idea, and there are many ways this can be improved.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of the weapon to be JUST to use as an instant TNT. If you take a look at all of the weapons we have that can be used as instant detonations, all of them have uses beyond that. To introduce a weapon for the sole purpose of being instant in my eyes is a bad idea, and so I don't want to bring it in.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of the weapon to be JUST to use as an instant TNT. If you take a look at all of the weapons we have that can be used as instant detonations, all of them have uses beyond that. To introduce a weapon for the sole purpose of being instant in my eyes is a bad idea, and so I don't want to bring it in.
Dynamite can also be used to set up traps, but the main point of it was to bring in the element of strategic placement, when you place your TNT, then right before it detonates, place dynamite at the edge of the radius. I can see the OP instant TNT problem, but can't think of any solutions. Anyone have any solution? I've thought of raising the price to 18, to make it completely monetarily obsolete unless you are extremely skillful with it.