Item idea - Storm!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I have a idea for a item/weapon called "Storm". It would cost 50 points in the store and this is what it would do:

You place a block (not sure what 1...) and a area of 20 blocks around it would be encased in rain/a thunderstorm. It would not kill anybody BUT all items use in the area by the other team would not work for 10 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
For 50 points thats OP.

Then you have to think of demographics: How would this be shown without looking hideous?
Then you have to think of gameplay: Lots of people would get angry that their weapons are bugging?
Then you have to think of staff: Would we want to spent another 5 minutes every hour explaining that?

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Razinao

You could show it as just rain and possibly with the area effected getting a little darker.
Well, all I personally think you'd have to explain is *thisperson* used Storm. Something could come across the screen like...

***(THISDUDE) has used Storm! Be careful with your weapons!***

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
How could we show it as rain? Thats client side.
Besides, the concept isn't very good. EMP wasn't well received, the other EMP wasn't, and this acts similar to them.

peckypeck903

Reaction score
Who would want to spend 50 points and not kill anyone :confused:.

If they can't use weapons, they can still run and you might not get any kills.

I think weapons are better if they are put into weapon use, to kill the opposing team.