Is it a bird...? Is it a plane...?

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
No, it is someone riding an enderdragon!

From now on it is possible to travel to from one pre-made town to another. You do this by right-clicking a sign on one of the platforms.

In Qube's and my believing does a transportsystem like this fit our server more, than the portals we had. Meaning that the portals with be replaced with enderdragons (in case the plugin ever might be down/need an update we can bring back the portals within a second).

The enderdragons travel from Carthage to Palmyra to Ostia to Roxbourg to Castra to Carthage. There is no reverse, and most likely there won't be.

Keep in mind, enderdragons can become "tired" and let you disconnect/throw you off if too many people use it at once. If you wait patiently, nothing should cause any trouble. In case it happens, don't post it in this thread, and PM Qube and Marn.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
If I log off in the middle of riding one, will I fall to my doom or come online on one?
You fall, though I have tried to make them fly above rivers/seas/oceans as much as possible, and whenever on land as close to the ground as possible.

Even then:
In case it happens, don't post it in this thread, and PM Qube and Marn.
If you disconnect on your own, we won't take any action.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I know it says it only travels from each pre-made town,
but will this eventually spread to other, player-made towns and such and thus the portals will be fully retired?
Or will portals still continue to cater to players towns, Mercantia, and the Parliament area only while the dragons are used for the pre-made towns?

This totally reminds me of flight-paths. ^_^
Seems nice to be able to fly out over the countryside, seeing all the sights.

Edit: Woops, looks like part of the question was just answered. >.<

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I know it says it only travels from each pre-made town,
but will this eventually spread to other, player-made towns and such and thus the portals will be fully retired?
Or will portals still continue to cater to players towns, Mercantia, and the Parliament area only while the dragons are used for the pre-made towns?

This totally reminds me of flight-paths. ^_^
Seems nice to be able to fly out over the countryside, seeing all the sights.

Edit: Woops, looks like part of the question was just answered. >.<
We cannot let portals fully retire. Seeing that things such as Mercantia, Parliament and the dungeons are in another world!

For player-made towns it is possible, of course, but so far we prefer to stick to pre-made towns.