Not open for further replies.

Dlmt3

Reaction score
This is for Map competition
Name of map: Into the Nether
Author: Dlmt3 with building. Uhtr5r and Defiant did the landscape
Size: entire Boxel
Map boundary: Sponge is placed.It uses the whole boxel
Kits: Humans: Zombie Pigman: Gold Sword. 4 cooked steak Iron helm Archer: Bow 16 arrows. 2 bread Leather Chest
Hunters: Killer: Iron Sword. leather chestplate and boots. Archer: Bow. 16 arrows. Stone Sword. Leather chest and leggings
Random or choose kits?: Humans random, hunters choose.
Screenshots: http://imageshack.us/g/850/20120325203924.png/
Notes: Enchanted weaponry all around, that is why the hunters classes are so strong. 15 second build time, no destroying for humans. Spawn is marked with 5x5 admincrete.

The map promotes camping, almost every spot is designed to camp in, and there and many spots hidden in the nether walls, with good prizes awaiting.
Download Link: It's in my boxel, I didn't have enough time to get the .zip and upload before contest ended.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If your sponges are place at 7,7 or 8,8 then the radius is 72 blocks, making it 144x144, you should probably list that.

Aren't the Hunters a bit over-powered? all humans get is a Gold sword or a bow, and the 'Zombie pigman' doesn't make much sense as it is a survivor, even if there is hundreds of enchantments, that can then make humans OP - You have to balance things, not just chuck out a load of OP stuff because otherwise Hunters would be OP.

Just realised that you wrote 'and there is chests hidden in the walls with good prizes', meaning that you may of easily hidden a few chests inside the walls that give yourself good items, Secrets that have no entrance, not sure.

Iguana

Dlmt3

Reaction score
AngelWV Hunters are not overpowered at all, with the amount of enchanted items along this map, including enchanted armour pieces, the hunters will have a hell of a time doing anything. I'm talking bows with power 2, Gold swords with knockback and sharpness 2. Stuff like that. There's even an Iron sword with sharpness 2, although I forgot where.

Which brings me to my next point, the stuff hidden in the walls is reachable, quite easily, except for a few tricks and traps. The items there are no better then the items 25 blocks from spawn, and it's not like i'm hiding full diamond armour and a Dsword. There is only one Diamond armour piece in the map, and two Diamond swords, both in not the easiest to get to spots.

Now please, do not accuse me of trying to cheat.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
hidden in the walls with good prizes', meaning that you may of easily hidden a few chests inside the walls that give yourself good items, Secrets that have no entrance, not sure.
Im sure he has the common sence not to do that in the first place. I think the whole idea of hiding a chest in the wall is very creative and that was 1 of the 3 things we are looking for in the contest.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
AngelWV Hunters are not overpowered at all, with the amount of enchanted items along this map, including enchanted armour pieces, the hunters will have a hell of a time doing anything. I'm talking bows with power 2, Gold swords with knockback and sharpness 2. Stuff like that. There's even an Iron sword with sharpness 2, although I forgot where.

Which brings me to my next point, the stuff hidden in the walls is reachable, quite easily, except for a few tricks and traps. The items there are no better then the items 25 blocks from spawn, and it's not like i'm hiding full diamond armour and a Dsword. There is only one Diamond armour piece in the map, and two Diamond swords, both in not the easiest to get to spots.

Now please, do not accuse me of trying to cheat.
Thus making humans over-powered, if a sword has Knockback 2 and sharpness 2, or even normal Knockback and sharpness 2, then that's over-powered. Sharpness 2 can 2-hit a human with no armour, in most sense.

I wasn't accusing you, I was saying that you would know where the /best/ chest was if hidden like the other chests that you listed, completely different thing, best thing to do is edit out the enchantments and just give them normal swords, or little enchantments.

Dlmt3

Reaction score
Ah, you seem to have misread my post, bad wording on my side. The swords don't have both sharpness 2 and knockback 2, they are separate enchantments, and very few swords have enchantments to the second level.

Status
Not open for further replies.