Into the Nether (revised)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlmt3

Reaction score
The first was marked as approved, but I wasn't sure because its not on server, and Iguana never replied to a convo. So I am reposting, after a massive overhaul, re-balance, and making it impossible to escape from map.

Name of map: Into the Nether

Author: Dlmt3, Defiant and Uhtr5r did the nether walls and everything, I built the buildings and balanced it

Size: Size of boxel

Map boundary: Sponge is placed, and it uses the whole boxel.

Kits: Humans:
Warrior: Stone sword, full leather armour. 2 bread
Archer: Bow, 16 arrows. Full leather armour. Wood sword. 1 bread

Hunters:
Leader: (only for starting Hunter) Iron sword, Full iron armour, 1 gold apple.
Zombie Pigman: Full gold armour, Gold sword. 2 cooked pork
Zombie Archer: Bow, 16 arrows, Wood sword, Full leather armour, 4 bread.

Random or choose kits?: Zombies Choose. Humans random

Screenshots: http://imageshack.us/g/689/20120325203814.png/

Notes: This map is the first of it's kind, most maps have everyone with stone swords, with the occasional armour piece or iron sword. I am trying to create a map with Very strong weapons and armour, while keeping balanced. This map was mean't to be camped and fighting will be fierce.

In the map this is one set of enchanted Diamond armour (spread around map) 5 sets of iron, 5 set of chainmail 10 sets of gold. None enchanted.

There is 5 diamond swords, 10 iron (5 enchanted) 10 gold (8 enchanted) 10 bows ( 5 enchanted) and 3 stacks of arrows. Food is limited to 16 apples 16 cooked pork and 16 cooked steak. This lack of food is why hunters have food in their class, to supply the humans, unless their smart enough not to.

Download Link: It's in my boxel

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I know you've tried to balance it out again.. but 5 sets of Iron, 5 sets of Chainmail, 5 10 sets of Gold and one set of enchanted diamond armour, even if they are spread out in the map, It is just way too over-powered and game play.. Just wouldn't be great.

But hey, atleast the survivors get a great advantage over the hunters.. Oh wait, when a Hunter starts they could get full Iron armour.

I like the map 'n all, but the general game-play wont be good due to how over-powered the Hunter kits are, and all of the items.

EDIT: Just saw that you let Hunters choose their kits, which means every Hunter will obviously choose Leader.

EDIT: Just checked the map out, 2 chests next to each other, together they are full Iron armour, a bit of food, arrows and a Power I bow.

Went to another chest in the 'Snipers perch' and there is a chest with Power II bow, Sharpness II iron sword and Projectile Protection Diamond boots.

Some chests don't even have items in, not sure if this is on purpose or forgotten about, so I decided to look around more and found these:

At the top of a nether fort, 3 chests. Guess what they contain? no? I'll tell you.
1. Full chainmail, Iron sword with Fire aspect I and Bow with Power I.
2. Full Iron, diamond sword.
3. Full chainmail, Bow with Power I.

Sorry, but I really think it needs to be nerfed, or have a staff member of AoD like Razinao or Iguana go over the map. :L

There is 5 diamond swords, 10 iron (5 enchanted) 10 gold (8 enchanted) 10 bows ( 5 enchanted) and 3 stacks of arrows.
In the map this is one set of enchanted Diamond armour (spread around map) 5 sets of iron, 5 set of chainmail 10 sets of gold. None enchanted.
Hunters:
Leader: (only for starting Hunter) Iron sword, Full iron armour, 1 gold apple.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Leader: (only for starting Hunter)

Thought that was pretty clear...
I saw that, but I'm sure that it would have to be coded in for the first kit would only work for the starting hunter. As a kit would be listed in /kits and can be chosen with /kit.

Dion

Reaction score
This map looks very nice, Although I am leaning to Angel's side right now. The game-play will need to be balanced a little more.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I think you could have added more into the map actualy it is kinda small, and the classes are not balanced with the map and the hunters will be way over powered here. 0

Status
Not open for further replies.