[INFO] List of commonly thought-of, approved, declined & pending suggestions

W

Wimali

Click here to go to the suggestions sheet.
This is a full list of all RoF suggestions, and their status. I’d recommend checking this list before posting an idea, as it might just already have been posted! I’m not sure if I’m actually going to be updating this, but meh. We’ll see I guess. Also, this thread isn't like official or anything. Basically, I just got bored.

Commonly thought-of suggestions
Deathrun (a deathrun-like gamemode has been suggested 3 times now), cold water, creatures, super cookies, new gamemodes pretty much anything Classic Lava-related.

I wouldn’t suggest suggesting any of the ideas listed above unless you’ve really worked it out and unless you think it’s innovative.

[accordion]{slide=Liked/Accepted/Approved/Added suggestions}Pausing timer. Status: Has been implemented, and Operator+ can now freeze the timer if they think it is necessary.
Suggestion subforum. Status: Added to the forums, obviously.
Timers on scoreboard. Status: Approved by Dirtcake. Was added to the server on January 2, 2014.
Randomized chests. Status: Dirtcake said he liked it. Has not been added however, and I’m unsure if there are any plans of it getting added at all.
Announcement when a player gets x amount of KoTL wins. Status: Although the main idea of the thread was declined, Dirtcake approved of the “<Player> has won KoTL for the xth time!” idea. 5 months later, however, it has not yet been added. It's actually been added. Whoops.
Nether quartz in shops. Status: Nether quartz was available in the Master Temple when the new lobby was revealed.
Make mobs unable to spawnkill people. Status: Was met with a huge amount of “yes”-votes. Dirtcake made it so “Players will be invincible for 10 seconds upon joining the map in the next update later this week. Attacking a mob will immediately cancel that invincibility, but moving won't”.
Add map authors to /lsinfo. Status: Got added pretty quickly.
More time-related options for mapmakers. Status: A new map submission format will be created soon.
IRC-Related commands. Status: Liked by Ronaldo.
Get better rewards for winning KoTL when there’s more pople online. Status:Kind-of approved. Ronaldo's response: "I'm going to be addressing about the status of KoTL and why it's lacking popularity soon, so quite possibly this suggestion could be mentioned somewhere in there soon."
Different rewards for different moods. Status: Approved.
Ironman mode. Status: Ronaldo will try to start working on it as soon as possible.
Super cookies. Status: Will be implemented.
A radio command. Status: Will be implemented.
Red sand turns into red glass when touched by lava. Status: Approved.{/slide}{slide=Declined/Denied/Dead suggestions}Confused Mood. Description: Blocks that would normally melt on calm mood are the only safe blocks. Status: Dead. Not likely to get implemented (soon).
Better storage. Description: “have another big room filled with double chests where you could buy various.” Status: Declined because Ogarci thought it was a silly idea.
Re-spawn noise. Description: “when the round is over, maybe there is a little noise when you respawn.” Status: Declined by Dirtcake because “when players go back to the lobby after a round ends the players running makes large amounts of sound, I notice it easily. Also from what I have seen players that go afk generally have their sound off.”
Deathrun. (was suggested a second time as well) Description: Bring back the old Classic Lava gamemode “Deathrun”. Status: Declined, as the staff wants to improve the current gameplay instead of adding another style of gameplay at all.
Player to player teleports. Description: Pay some cookies to be able to teleport to another player. Status: Dirtcake told us he’s against it, so the chance of it getting adding is pretty much zero.
Trusted rank. Status: Declined as it is not needed.
Players can use an item to remove lava around them and become a walking sponge. Status: Denied, as it wouldn’t work very well.
Cold water. Description: Water on maps would give a poison/wither effect. Status: Denied.
Multiple spawns in one map. Status: Denied due to it only causing problems.
Change Glacier’s biome. Status: Denied.
Icy water. Description: Certain rounds will have water instead of lava and could be an easy but fun building round. Status: Denied by Ronaldo because "It'll cause too much problems with the server and the maps + It'll throw off new players from what is supposed to be "lava survival"."
In-game pets. Status: Denied by Ronaldo because "I don't really like this idea. It'll create too much confusion and chaos. Going to deny this."
A /lick command. Status: Denied by Ronaldo because he felt like there was no point to it.
Improved sponge breaking. Description: A message is broadcasted when a sponge is broken by a normal player. Status: Denied by Ronaldo because it might cause a lot of confusion and frustration between players.
Instant-death lava. Status: Not really liked by the community, and declined by Ronaldo.
Rounds are 30 minutes long. Status: Declined.
/guide command. (originally autofill suggestion) Status: Denied.
One more storage chest. Status: Denied for now.
Throw-back weekend. Status: Very unlikely to get added.
Use water potions to put out fire. Status: Denied.
Lava boats. Status: Denied due to it being silly.
Shops in maps. Status: Denied.
Custom and randomized drops. Status: Denied.
More air gets you more cookies. Status: Denied.
Also a ridiculously overpowered and bad idea I once suggested with cells ‘n stuff which promptly got deleted because it was that horrible.
Spectator mode. Status: Denied for now.
Change all safe blocks. Status: Denied for now.
Blocks melt based on time and surface area (gamemode). Status: Denied.
Better/more /t commands. Status: Pretty much denied. Unlikely to get added due to the scoreboard feature.{/slide}
{slide=Pending suggestions}Creatures. Status: Put into consideration.
Panic rounds. Status: Put into consideration.
Custom login/logout messages. Status: Put into consideration.
Lottery. Status: Still a pretty new suggestion, but has not yet received an official response.
Community chests. Status: Still a pretty new suggestion, but has not yet received an official response.
{/slide}
{slide=Suggestions with another status}Building blocks getting sold in the Sanctum. Status: Not added, but: “We actually have plans for grandmasters, whether it is in the form of a shop or not. You'll have to wait and see” (around 5 months ago)
Disable emeralds in KoTL. Status: This might have been added. I don’t remember and I’m not really active anymore so I can’t check. If anyone else could, typls <3
Community-voted rotation. Status: A user is free to create a google doc or similar about this.{/slide}{slide=Community suggestions}RoF Resourcepack. Status: I don’t think anyone’s actually made one. I might make two separate ones, one removing pumpkinblur & one removing the lava sounds, but I dunno.{/slide}[/accordion]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to be going through all of the pending suggestions one by one now that I am in charge. I will keep the playerbase updated in the course of a few weeks on what suggestions I like and may consider, suggestions that doesn't work, and other suggestions that might not be what I had in mind. Thank you for this list!

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Was looking through the list of pending suggestions. Here are my thoughts about each and every one of them:

---

Icy Water - No. It'll cause too much problems with the server and the maps + It'll throw off new players from what is supposed to be "lava survival".

Pets - I don't really like this idea. It'll create too much confusion and chaos. Going to deny this.

/lick command - What will be the point of this command? On classic lava, I can recall this command actually being taken away from trusteds/operator do to the abuse of this by several different ops. I don't really want to head into that direction again. Going to deny this.

Creatures - I remember this from classic lava, it was a pretty entertaining edition. I wouldn't mind it too much, but I'm not certain that it could work or if players will actually use it. Only thing I'm afraid of is that it will end up like KoTL - just another minigame that no one wastes any time on. Will put into consideration though.

Improved sponge breaking - This might create a lot of frustration and arguments between players, which is something we don't want. If your sponge is griefed, then staff can assist with that. Going to deny this for now.

Insta-Death lava - Not favored by the playerbase, going to have to decline this.

30 minute rounds - You guys really can't wait an extra 5 minutes per round..?

Panic rounds - So basically it's just a normal RoF round but the time is cut in half with a 100% annoyed/angry round. I'll consider this, but will need some time to think about it though.

/guide - Sploorky posted the same thoughts I had. Pretty sure the staff don't mind explaining things like these to curious players. Going to deny this.

Extra storage chest - Problem with this idea is that it makes things less riskier for GrandMasters, since they'll end up having so much available space to store their items in. I think having a limited amount of space makes things more interesting and will mean you have to be wise with what you want to store in your enderchest and what you want to risk in the rounds. Going to deny for now.

Custom login/logout messages - I'm a bit meh with this idea. It was a fun little addition to the classic minecraft times, but i'm not too sure about it now. I'll put it into consideration, but the chances will probably be unlikely. I'll see what others think first.

Time-related options for mapmakers - Pretty sure the ideas in this thread is possible. However, I think you'll have to leave it to us to do this part. I'll make a new map-submission format with more of these options, but just as long as you mention that you want the map to start night/day/etc. then I don't think it'll be much of a problem (I hope!).

IRC commands - I surely hope that this is possible to code; I like the idea.

More rewards for KoTL - I'm going to be addressing about the status of KoTL and why it's lacking popularity soon, so quite possibly this suggestion could be mentioned somewhere in there soon.

Throw-back weekend - Problem with this is the amount of work that it will take to even make this possible. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the the chances of this happening are very unlikely.
Water Potions - Dessern already posted a good solution to this problem. No need to go any further. Going to deny this.

Lava boats - I think this plugin is a bit too silly for this server. Going to deny it.

Shops in maps - Lol no.

Custom Drops - dirtcake already mentioned that it'll cause too much confusion. Not a bad idea, but I don't think it'll end up working out to well just because of the confusion it'll create. Going to deny this idea.

More air gets you more cookies - So basically, every player would get more cookies than usual for just standing out in the open on the map? Yeah, not too into this idea. I understand that it'll discourage 3x3x3 areas and afking there for the whole round, which is a good approach to the idea, but at the same time this will discourage basically every other survivability idea that players have for each round (ESPCIALLY those who like surviving through undergrounds), and all we'll be seeing is players pillaring to the top of the map and standing around there for the entire round. Not to mention, this just forces players to work together (as much as I like seeing players use teamwork, we don't want to force them to work together!). I want to promote variation in the server, but this idea won't really help out too much; it'll end up being same plan for every player each round. Going to deny this idea.

Radio - I can definitely consider this.

Community voted map rotation - I'm most likely not going to make an official google doc about this subject, but feel free to make one yourself about this if you want, and everyone will be welcome to pitch in what they feel about the maps. I'll probably take it into consideration at the end depending on the amount of feedback I see from this.

Spectator - I'm a bit skeptical about this idea. I just don't think it's something that's even necessary to have in RoF. I mean, Let's be real now, players aren't actually going to spectate the lava flowing and just sitting there until the next wave comes. That would be utterly pointless. However, this could be a good suggestion if we ever go into having a type of game mode in the rounds where if you die, you don't re-spawn back in the maps (So it'd be kinda like Last Man Standing with a round timer). That could possibly be an option, but we'll have to see. As of now I'm going to deny this, but if we ever reach into the point where as add a game mode similar to my idea, then I'll consider this later on.

Change all safe blocks - It could make the game interesting, but this will end up in disarray. It will eventually cause confusion to the staff, and I can imagine a lot of false grief reports to take effect if this were to be implemented. Going to deny this idea for now. Might consider it later on if there's a way I can get this idea organized.

Different rewards for different moods - I took part in this suggestion, and I honestly wouldn't mind this too much. I do like the idea of "High risk high reward" So I'll try to configure something for this. I won't make the rewards too much though, because it's still quite easy to survive in an annoyed/angry round.

Blocks melt based on time and surface area (gamemode) - Too much negative feedback on this, going to have to deny it.

Ironman - Everyone forgot about this idea. I'm definitely all in for it; it'll add a good challenge to the server. I'll try to start working on this as soon as possible.

---

Feel free to respond to my thoughts in any one of the suggestions.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Creatures - I remember this from classic lava, it was a pretty entertaining edition. I wouldn't mind it too much, but I'm not certain that it could work or if players will actually use it. Only thing I'm afraid of is that it will end up like KoTL - just another minigame that no one wastes any time on. Will put into consideration though.
Honestly you have to think about the long term affects this will have, Creatures will be popular among a lot of players (mostly because they miss it) but also the new players who didn't get a chanse to have fun with creatures, I'm sure the feature will be great for a couple of months, however as Ron stated, it probably will phase out like what happened with KoTL, people will start to get bored with it and only new players who join the server will only be using this feature...

Improved sponge breaking - This might create a lot of frustration and arguments between players, which is something we don't want. If your sponge is griefed, then staff can assist with that. Going to deny this for now.
Hmm I was thinking about this, however instead of all the players seeing it perhaps (this is just an idea) only op+ will be only see who broke the sponge at x y z. It would be additional help finding griefs[/quote]

Custom login/logout messages - I'm a bit meh with this idea. It was a fun little addition to the classic minecraft times, but i'm not too sure about it now. I'll put it into consideration, but the chances will probably be unlikely. I'll see what others think first.
I've been seeing a lot of players on RoF wanting to have this features (As well as Titles however that has a completely unique problem) honestly I think it would be a nice addition to RoF, having custom login/logout messages was a fun little feature to have back in classic lava survival, however I have no idea how it would work in premium.

Ironman - Everyone forgot about this idea. I'm definitely all in for it; it'll add a good challenge to the server. I'll try to start working on this as soon as possible.
Honestly I would love this idea, however I think this idea needs to be expanded on a bit more, like what ranks will be able to use it, if they player dies, what will they lose and how much would it cost to go into Ironman?

Just saying what I think of the suggestions! :p

W

Wimali

I've been seeing a lot of players on RoF wanting to have this features (As well as Titles however that has a completely unique problem) honestly I think it would be a nice addition to RoF, having custom login/logout messages was a fun little feature to have back in classic lava survival, however I have no idea how it would work in premium.
I agree with you here, the custom login/logout idea is, together with the randomized chests, one of my favorite RoF suggestions.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Honestly you have to think about the long term affects this will have, Creatures will be popular among a lot of players (mostly because they miss it) but also the new players who didn't get a chanse to have fun with creatures, I'm sure the feature will be great for a couple of months, however as Ron stated, it probably will phase out like what happened with KoTL, people will start to get bored with it and only new players who join the server will only be using this feature...

Hmm I was thinking about this, however instead of all the players seeing it perhaps (this is just an idea) only op+ will be only see who broke the sponge at x y z. It would be additional help finding griefs

Honestly I would love this idea, however I think this idea needs to be expanded on a bit more, like what ranks will be able to use it, if they player dies, what will they lose and how much would it cost to go into Ironman?

Just saying what I think of the suggestions! :p[/quote]
Custom login/logout messages works just fine on DoD/AoD.

Edit: Now I see what else broke after update XD

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Community voted map rotation - I'm most likely not going to make an official google doc about this subject, but feel free to make one yourself about this if you want, and everyone will be welcome to pitch in what they feel about the maps. I'll probably take it into consideration at the end depending on the amount of feedback I see from this.
Don't mind if I do. I'll see to it when I'm free.(no Im not returning to minecraft). The problem is, how many maps are there actually? How many in rotation and how many outside rotation. I don't have any access to the info and the wiki is....outdated.

W

Wimali

Expect this list to change a lot or be innacurate (for now) as previously declined ideas are approved and similar. I'll try to update the thread and make things correct but there'll most likely be some flaws in it as a lot of ideas are getting responses etc.

EDIT: Also replaced the old, ugly spoilers with the new & fancy "titles" feature!
EDIT2: I'll probably completely re-do this thread once the suggestions subforum has been cleaned.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wimali

This has now been fully updated and been transferred to a google sheet. (also holy shit it's been a whole month since I created this, feels like two days ago at most)

Reactions: Notme
W

Wimali

No, in the "Liked/Added/etc." tab.
A little down, there's the ironman idea, and it says "Ron will start working on it soon"

It's added, along with super cookies
It says "[BCOLOR=#00ff00]Has been implemented.[/BCOLOR]" on my side :O

EDIT: Maybe you're looking at the tabs in the actual thread? These are in the archive. It's an archive, so... not getting updated xD