Map Authors: Okx
Game Type: Infection
Map Worldborder: Centre: 0,0 (where the bedrock is) Radius: 31.5 blocks
Download: Create server: /warp okxmap1
Game Time: Day, locked
Round Time: 5 minutes
Screenshots:

Preparation Time: 30 seconds
Spawn Locations: Where the bedrock is, in the centre.
Fall Damage: false

It's my first map, any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poe

Poe

Contributor
Reaction score
Now this, I like the look of. Its simple and seems like fun. Though you might want to add stairs or slabs on the purple part where right now it is just a 1x1 gap with a block to get up, so peoples flow doesn't get ruined when running. I'm not on my PC right now so I'll have a further look at it soon. Nice job!

• Agree
Reactions: HKCaper

Okx

Donor
Reaction score
Now this, I like the look of. Its simple and seems like fun. Though you might want to add stairs or slabs on the purple part where right now it is just a 1x1 gap with a block to get up, so peoples flow doesn't get ruined when running. I'm not on my PC right now so I'll have a further look at it soon. Nice job!
Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Poe and HKCaper
G

Guest35486

Hi Okx, thanks for the submission!

The map looks nice and interesting to play on, but I do have a a few concerns and suggestions.

In my opinion, this area that you have changed could be a bit wider. It's slightly annoying to be stuck on the staircases while being chased when it's the easiest way up. I suggest making each staircase at least 2 blocks wide.

When running and jumping down the pink staircase, it's easy to hit your head against the platform above it. It's not really a major issue, but ut could be annoying. My suggestion is to lower the pink staircase or raise the height of the platform above it.

The edge of that platform seems so close to the red/yellow staircases, but it is not reachable. (Though you can go on the gray clay behind it to jump on top of the platform.) I don't see any harm in allowing players to jump from one to the other as it allows players to access the area through multiple ways, and may connect those parts of the map more.

Reactions: HKCaper

Okx

Donor
Reaction score
Hi Okx, thanks for the submission!

The map looks nice and interesting to play on, but I do have a a few concerns and suggestions.

In my opinion, this area that you have changed could be a bit wider. It's slightly annoying to be stuck on the staircases while being chased when it's the easiest way up. I suggest making each staircase at least 2 blocks wide.

When running and jumping down the pink staircase, it's easy to hit your head against the platform above it. It's not really a major issue, but ut could be annoying. My suggestion is to lower the pink staircase or raise the height of the platform above it.

The edge of that platform seems so close to the red/yellow staircases, but it is not reachable. (Though you can go on the gray clay behind it to jump on top of the platform.) I don't see any harm in allowing players to jump from one to the other as it allows players to access the area through multiple ways, and may connect those parts of the map more.
Thanks for the suggestions! All of them have been implemented :)

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Okx, I want to thank you for making and submitting this colorful map :)

Both Arelic and Poeo mentioned good points concerning improvements you could make in your map. You took all of these points into consideration and implemented your map, making it much better. In fact, I can hardly find anything that won't work. Besides, I think your map has something appealing to it. I agree with what Poe said "Its simple and seems like fun".

Hence, I have enough reasons to give your map a +1

G

Guest35486

After these changes, I'm also happy to give this map a +1

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map, and thanks for making the changes which have been suggested to you by Hk and Arelic.
Although its a simple map, its quite colourful and should be a short, fun map to play. I've added it to the server, so we'll see how it plays out.
-Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.