Important Rule Update. Please read.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
©Qube
With the shop being well in full swing, player-made towers are now banned. The rules have been amended to cover this, now reading as follows:​
1. Absolutely no hacking in any form, whatsoever
2. Do not abuse flaws, glitches or bugs. This includes evading the Capslock filter.
3. No pillaring/towering. You may only use shop bought towers.
4. If hiding in a sealed off hole, you must keep it 5x5x5 minimum
5. If you are sneaking, there must be a way to get you without altering blocks
6. Show good sportsmanship, and use common sense
7. keep the language to a minimum. Do not insult players.
8. Speak English in public chat
9. Any move deemed asshol-ish by staff is punishable
10. Always have fun! Have a good experience on the server!

Due to this sudden change in ruling, this change will be factored in slowly, with verbal warnings being handed out as opposed to formal warnings. However in two weeks or so, these will be dealt with more harshly. ( AoDPrem )

You may also have noticed the new addition of a smart-capslock filter. Unfortunately there has recently been an unnecessary use of caps, which has lead to this being put in place. This is solely to create a much more friendly and approachable atmosphere.

Thank you for your time, and I hope these changes lead to a more enjoyable server for you all!

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Although I thought the idea of making towers was quite fun, I can accept the new rule. And as for the caps... MY CAPS, I NEED MY CAPS I mean, uhh..... uh.... probably was needed :p

• Optimistic
Reactions: SirComputer

Olix

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the main purpose of this change was to get rid of unfair towers that aren't fun for hunters - the store's towers are fun to attack and defend. Also, most maps give you a fair chance against the hunters, so you shouldn't need to even buy towers.

The way I see it, towers are now just going to be a fun addition to the round every so often, and people are by no means forced to use them.

Also, since the new towers cost money to create, they definitely won't be abused (too often) whereas towers previously required a build time, but they had no effect on the player over the course of the server.

This is just my thought on the matter (I don't mean to start and argument), and I like the new change overall.

• Agree
Reactions: Excepted

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Although I thought the idea of making towers was quite fun, I can accept the new rule. And as for the caps... MY CAPS, I NEED MY CAPS I mean, uhh..... uh.... probably was needed :p
If you thought it was fun then try to convince him that you want it back. You liked it, he changes it, you're not happy about it. Sure, it might not be a big deal but you're playing on his server and he's doing this (most likely) to provide his server with fun for you. He's not going to bite you if you tell him you don't want it.

Well, then I guess we'll have less people falling to their death!
And I definitely agree with Xfolo on his statement.
Tell him why, using '...' isn't going to help your case. You can agree with one person as much as you want but that won't show him what you think. It is very possible that your opinion differs, so tell him why. Don't make it too long, don't turn it into an essay but just give him a short yet powerful argument as to why you don't want it.

Cool picture.

If map has walls, then can I build stairs on them?
Baker told me that stairs was fine, id assume this also means without walls.

On the other hand, people will have to choose between ranking up and towers now :I

Most of you know my thoughts of this.
I don't, put them in here. Like I stated towards the others, you're allowed to tell him why you wouldn't like it.

I think this is a bit useless. Either go and find materials for towers, or pay to get em faster. Seems fair. Why make people waste brains if they don't want to?
While I understand that you want to be careful with how you put things, saying 'a bit useless' has always been a bad way to put it. It's either good or useless, a bit useless just makes it look like you're too frightened to say that you don't like it. (It's a habit I used to have)

I'm pretty sure the main purpose of this change was to get rid of unfair towers that aren't fun for hunters - the store's towers are fun to attack and defend. Also, most maps give you a fair chance against the hunters, so you shouldn't need to even buy towers.

The way I see it, towers are now just going to be a fun addition to the round every so often, and people are by no means forced to use them.

Also, since the new towers cost money to create, they definitely won't be abused (too often) whereas towers previously required a build time, but they had no effect on the player over the course of the server.

This is just my thought on the matter (I don't mean to start and argument), and I like the new change overall.
I can relate myself to the first statement as it isn't fun for hunters but I will tell you that the majority of maps don't give you a fair chance against hunters. Hunters respawn and are stronger and can return. A one way path to defend yourself is ideal and most maps are landscapes, houses or islands (which are not one way) plus the fact that hunters can reach you by mining towards you. Having a tower disallowed this and let's be honest, who likes playing hunter?

People aren't forced to use towers, yet they still did. Now they're removing the 'cheap' tower and adding in a tower that you have to buy. You've had the moment where you liked being a human in a tower and you've had the moment where you were a hunter and hated it. It happens and hunters don't like it because it isn't easy. I have no argument as to why hunters should like it, they're abusing it as humans too. It's a vicious cycle with a bump along the way and everyone abuses it equally.

This forum barely knows an argument. The argument you're referring to is bad and half of this community is too frightened to start one (unless they're really pissed off) so I doubt that would happen. It's your opinion, the only thing you could provoke is a discussion which is fine as there are disagreements.

Seems pointless to me. I just see this as a way to make players spend brains on towers and not get promoted.
The only post I've seen that is straight forward and doesn't spin around it. Kudos.

Tell him why you like or dislike it because I know this community, you are going to end up talking about it when he's not around. "Oh it sucks, yeah I always hated it" "I don't like it either!" There's no need for that and it's stupid, it's happened before and not just once.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Well, I agree with him because I would buy towers a lot, but I don't because I like to keep my brains to save up for ranks. Honestly I think Shop towers sort of detract from the actual map because it's not actually surviving on the map, but it's buying your way into a nice little fort. The normal towers that are now banned, however, I'm fine with in the sense that you're able to accquire the resources to build them with what the map gave you, and go from there. I agree it's not fun to have them and they usually make rounds not so fun, but the shop towers take the hard work map-makers put in to their maps and puts a prebuilt fort on it. The '...' signifies me thinking for a sec, letting it sink in :D

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Well, I like to save my brains to buy ranks, but if I were "The Reckoning" already I would have no problem with this. But with this, the advanced players who already have that last rank or rack up points fast and don't care about a rank/have saved a lot, really puts an advantage on them because they can then buy towers.I personally enjoy player made towers, but I do agree that the spiral ones can be a pain in the arse to climb. Players spend the whole build time trying to gather blocks, and usually end up with little to no food and poor weapons. What if, players were allowed to make towers similar to that of the shop towers. This way the tower makers can still make their towers, and people won't get as frustrated with them because they are like the shop ones.

Also, one thing I noticed the other day with the shop towers. People can use them on maps that are a no-break map, and player made towers are never seen there. I believe that the shop should be disabled on maps like that, because it changes the whole game play of the map, and I personally don't like that.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I enjoyed towers as a survivor, as it gave an objective. Gather wood/leaves, make a tower, defend. If hunters don't want to/can't be bothered to collect resources to make it easier to climb then that is their own fault. It isn't particularly hard to gather some logs, turn that into a couple stacks of wood and make another route or two up, or make the original tower easier to climb.

Also, rather than removing them why not lower the height limit to prevent towers going upto 250 Y, that way we can still have player-made towers, but not have them ridiculously high that it takes half the round to climb up?

As a hunter, I enjoyed climbing those kind of towers as it made the game more intense. Oh well, less fun now I s'pose.

• Agree
Reactions: Sephhh

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Why make people waste brains if they don't want to?
Good thing the towers in the shop are optional! c:

But that means people who have the supplies just not the brains can't make their own towers.

Shinyshark What I meant by a "a bit useless" was I guess just me saying useless but I wrote it like that. I wasn't scared either, I just have a habit of writing things like that xP

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
So glad this rule is in position now. Th' man-made towers were always preventin' me from enjoyin' th' server because of how impossible it made th' game since it was impossible t' climb if th' humans had bows. Glad that I have th' chance t' practice PvP for UHC now without worryin' about playin' a side game of tower defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Txboy1234

Zeus42000

Reaction score
©Qube
With the shop being well in full swing, player-made towers are now banned. The rules have been amended to cover this, now reading as follows:​
1. Absolutely no hacking in any form, whatsoever
2. Do not abuse flaws, glitches or bugs. This includes evading the Capslock filter.
3. No pillaring/towering. You may only use shop bought towers.
4. If hiding in a sealed off hole, you must keep it 5x5x5 minimum
5. If you are sneaking, there must be a way to get you without altering blocks
6. Show good sportsmanship, and use common sense
7. keep the language to a minimum. Do not insult players.
8. Speak English in public chat
9. Any move deemed asshol-ish by staff is punishable
10. Always have fun! Have a good experience on the server!

Due to this sudden change in ruling, this change will be factored in slowly, with verbal warnings being handed out as opposed to formal warnings. However in two weeks or so, these will be dealt with more harshly. ( AoDPrem )

You may also have noticed the new addition of a smart-capslock filter. Unfortunately there has recently been an unnecessary use of caps, which has lead to this being put in place. This is solely to create a much more friendly and approachable atmosphere.

Thank you for your time, and I hope these changes lead to a more enjoyable server for you all!
Thank you for doing this Baker93 ! Im glad to see this in place. Towers were quite annoying to climb up. Most the time they shot you down. Now, they have to make the choice of going up for protection, or rank up.

SmoggyWaffles

Reaction score
So glad this rule is in position now. Th' man-made towers were always preventin' me from enjoyin' th' server because of how impossible it made th' game since it was impossible t' climb if th' humans had bows. Glad that I have th' chance t' practice PvP for UHC now without worryin' about playin' a side game of tower defense.
Why are you talking like that? 0.0

Also, yayayayayaayay
I hated them so much.