If I were to write a "how to become a trusted" guide

Is a Trusted guide even required?

• Total voters

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
Perhaps I am just a lousy writer seeking attention from a small gaming community in the hopes of gaining views.
Maybe I actually seek to help this gaming community to gain more staff
Or maybe both.

Either way, I have had this idea of creating a guide so that a person who might have a decent amount of experience on blocktopia, can gain the trusted rank, and maybe the "lack" of staff would be less of an issue. The problem is they are only two guidelines I can imagine that would help someone become a trusted member.

1. Help other players
2. Be respectful

... that doesn't really make up much of a guide, and considering that I am not really in charge of choosing who gets the rank or not, that puts me at a disadvantage of writing from the wrong perspective.

I just need a question answered. Whether the person answering is a operator, or higher.
When someone comes to you and they ask " Will you be my reference?", what do you look for?
What affects your judgement of this somebody's ability to to protect this server from griefers or otherwise? I would be grateful for any answer.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Thats slightly difficult. I know some staff are incredibly picky about even references, while others are only picky with their +1's, but not references.

For me, it's a lot of criteria.By no means are any one of these truly required for a reference, its just preferred.
Are they respectful?
Do they have basic English skills?
Do they know the rules inside and out, even the unlisted ones?
Do they know how to ask questions, without screaming?
Do they know how our hierarchy of ranks works?
Can they put staffing the server and helping out before actual participation in game and needless chatter?
Do they know how to report staff members?
Can they handle the server when no staff members are present?
Do they know how to contact staff members if needed?
Have they shown leadership in the server, both when staff are watching and when they arent?
Is there the possibility that they want the position purely for the power?
Are they consistently active?
Do they participate actively in the community? (IRC, TS, other servers, etc.

Reactions: balloon98

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
I appreciate the contributions, I would like to write my guide based on more then the preferences and views of only one staff member, but heck if nobody else replies then you got me the kind of material I needed Ogarci. Thanks.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
As a player, I had no idea what was needed of a Trusted. Heck, I never even believed I was ready. If we could have a staff approved guide for Trusted rank, stickied, and everything, our players will have a idea of what to aim for. I support this, especailly since I believe you are a very un-baised writer.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel you really need to take your own little journey into the Trusted Rank.
If you get a guide about how to get the rank, you follow the guide, and you don't get the rank, you'll think: SCIENCE HAS FAILED ME WHAT.
It's more, find what makes the server tick, and keep it ticking. Find what makes the server stumble, and perform surgery.