I'd like to have a discussion about the ban of 46ftarCyberK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
Nottykitten <------ what this person said.

It's somewhat hypocritical (and ironic) to promote having open discussions about things and at the same time accusing a player of personally attacking you just because they disagree with your post or want further clarification or example.

Aaaaaanyway, to avoid going further off topic, I agree with the idea that it'd be good for players to be more "in the know" about ban appeals, however the idea of ANYONE being able to post in them doesn't slide well with me. If a player really is involved in a ban appeal so much that their contribution matters, or if they have actual, useful, original information which affects the appeal to a significant extent then I can see why they should be allowed to post. At the same time, though, there's just something that irks me about any old Joe posting on a ban appeal. It screams...unprofessional...

paceboys I do get what you're saying though about the PMing thing. If the no post rule stays, maybe people could just PM one of the Ops of the server that the appeal relates to and ask if they could relay the info for you. That way there's at least some sort of quality control on each ban appeal.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies to close the thread but I suspect it's run it's due course.

We'll discuss the idea of players who can contribute useful information to ban appeals, more to the point I think there was a time when this was actually allowed - unsure of when this period ended but nevertheless, I'll look into it.

Regarding other discussions
~ The actual ban appeal - I'll look into it and check with various staff & non-staff, most people know I have no need to curry favour with staff/I'm happy to get a spread of opinions.
~ Staff being corrupt/entitled/etc. - It happens, we usually start to crack down on it, there's little more to be said than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.