Author: Kuromono13
Map Size: Normal Build Box Plot
Map Boundary: 1198x198
Time: World Time Midday
Spawn: -1703X, 66Y, 894Z
To view this map do /mvtp plots, then /warp Icerun

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/Xs4Od

Survivors and Hunters cannot break blocks.

Kits:
Survivors: Choose

Swordsman
Stone Sword
Full Leather
9 Baked Potatoes

Ranger
Bow
32 arrows
9 Baked Potatoes

TheOne* (only ops can start Jugger rounds right?)
Full Iron
Diamond Sword
Bow
64 arrows

Hunters: Choose

Poacher
Bow
64 arrows
Chain chestplate
Leather Boots
32 Rotten Flesh

Skinner
Stone Sword
Chain chesplate
leather boots
32 Rotten flesh

PREFERENCES:
All players have Speed 1 for the duration of round.

Buildtime: 3 minutes
MapName: Icerun
Author: Kuromono13
BuildTime: 50
GameTime: 500
WorldTime: 12000
SpawnProtectTime: 0
WorldWeather: 0
Team0: [Hunter Team Data]
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: -1703
y: 66
z: 894
ChooseKit: True
OneKitPerRound: False
KitResetTime: 0
BoxChance: 75%
Team1:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
x:-1703
y: 66
ChooseKit: True
Centre:
x: -1703
y: 63
WorldSize: 192x192
SkyLimit: 8
ResetInventory: True
CanUseLocate: False
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: True
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: True
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll:True
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: True
MysteryBoxChance: 75%

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I'm impressed although I'm a little concerned that this map might frustrate players is there a way to get on top the mountains? Also how about hiding spots and chests I see none of this is the screenshots. Once they get everyone unbanned I'll hop on BB and check it out.

Kuromono13

Reaction score
I'm impressed although I'm a little concerned that this map might frustrate players is there a way to get on top the mountains? Also how about hiding spots and chests I see none of this is the screenshots. Once they get everyone unbanned I'll hop on BB and check it out.
No enderpearls and climbing the mountains I do not think is possible.

Olix

Reaction score
I think this will be a great map for the server, good work Kuro. Some of the things in the chests (when I checked yesterday) are a little bit overpowered. Just to name a few: fire aspect II blaze rod, iron swords, 8:00 invisibility potion, and super golden apples. I'd suggest you make sure that the gear stays mostly equal between survivors and hunters; if every survivor can get an iron sword, hunters should get one as well.
climbing the mountains I do not think is possible.
Challenge accepted. (Catch you on BB sometime tomorrow)

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This map is very unique. Instead of having hiding places, it is just a big ice maze-type map. I like it.
Usually, I say to maps that don't have that much places to hide to make more hiding spots, however, because this map is so unique as in the fact that it has no hiding spots at all, just a curvy maze where players can easily see each other through walls, I actually like it. I think, with both the theme and the fact that you must survive by facing a fight instead of hiding, will offer a unique game-play style to the others, and will let players - if they choose - have a 'different' round sometimes, with different game-play. Just like maps like abyss, or Octopusoflove.
I can't look in the chests, but i'd suggest putting a lot of food in them, as this map will be very running based.
So yeah, I'd like to see how this goes. +1 :)
I am sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm very tired, but I didn't want to wait to vote on this any longer. Sorry for me not posting sooner. ;) (I'll check this over tomorrow and make sure it makes sense)

• Love
Reactions: Kuromono13

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Jug rounds can be started by any Op+
Not so sure about that anymore. I no longer have permissions for that! xD could just be the heads still working on it though. But yes, before-hand. Ops+ could set jugger, or you could get lucky and have it naturally.

Anywho. I like the concept of the map. Not really sure to call it a death-run, instead of a death-MAZE! But yes, not sure what's in the chests but just make sure there's plenty of food. And this map is getting a +1 from me.

Olix

Reaction score
One strategy Xilo and I have used to combat the food issue in our maps is giving all survivors a lot of low saturation food (melons, cookies) in kits, then allowing much better food (steak, cooked chicken aka good-mood food) to be found in chests scattered about. The low saturation food will force players to be constantly eating, which means they will have to find a safe spot occasionally to eat. This can put a stop to long term running about (with no real way of catching up to them), but it also leaves the challenge of players who have stumbled across the good-mood food chests. Hopefully, by the time all the survivors are dead aside from the ones with good-mood food, there will be a mob of hunters large enough for the hunters to team up on him.

• Informative
Reactions: radman573

Kuromono13

Reaction score
One strategy Xilo and I have used to combat the food issue in our maps is giving all survivors a lot of low saturation food (melons, cookies) in kits, then allowing much better food (steak, cooked chicken aka good-mood food) to be found in chests scattered about. The low saturation food will force players to be constantly eating, which means they will have to find a safe spot occasionally to eat. This can put a stop to long term running about (with no real way of catching up to them), but it also leaves the challenge of players who have stumbled across the good-mood food chests. Hopefully, by the time all the survivors are dead aside from the ones with good-mood food, there will be a mob of hunters large enough for the hunters to team up on him.
Ok, I have modified food on this map. Instead of more chests, I upped the amount of food in survivor kits, and stuck rotten flesh in the hunter kits, providing more food for survivors, but penalizing them for not rationing their food. Hope this idea will work out

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I bet it is nearly getting a decision, and would like to give my opinion about this and point some things out.

Seeing that I certainly like this map, because you can look to any point in the map. I don't like how easy it actually would be to survive here, if you have brains. The issue I want to point out is, there are some places you can climb up on the hills and eventually reach a dead end. Once there you can easily "push" of the dark army, making it an easy win. Can be easily fixed though if you remove the ice/snow block "steps", so people cannot jump on those.

Furthermore, if you look at the overview of the map: http://i.imgur.com/1Fk2wZFh.jpg. You can see that you always have to run for a long while, till you can finally take a corner, seems gamebreaking to me! Even when you have speed I constanly on.

Continuing with the kits, I really don't see any reason to give the dark army food! :p As well to let the game flow faster, I guess that having random kits is prefered above choosing. Possibly adding an averaging kit would be nice too, like in SwordBase. Calling it an adventurer and give them a bow, wooden sword, 16 arrows, 9 potatoes and leather chestplate.

That is just my opinion, but overall I certainly like this map, good job!

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Olix

Reaction score
An easy solution I propose to the problem of long runs before corners: cut a whole bunch of tunnels through the mountains at spots. Since the map is made of ice, hunters will easily be able to plan interception routes through the mountains. And yes, you should definitely get rid of any possible way up the mountains. I'd love to see the map on the server if you implemented the ideas here and in Marn's post! :)

Olix

Reaction score
If the possibility for height restriction is still around, you could put it so you would only get like 2-3 blocks up if you found a way.
Height restriction is still around and active on several maps, namely Cobwebs and Academy. This would be a great plan to prevent people from lag pillaring up as well! You would just have to make sure no points on the ground rise above the limit you set, otherwise the map would be extremely flawed and annoying for survivors.

Status
Not open for further replies.