Creator(s) : Hockeyfan1852
Dimensions : 128*3
Round Time : 10 minutes
Diggable depth of the map : 3 blocks
Physics : Off
Which server did you build your map on? : Hockeyfan's Map Factory
Number of secrets : One
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?7zpk177177t5lf4
Description of map. : A scoop of ice cream in a bowl with sprinkles and hot fudge! The inside is open for running and the map is 3 blocks for tunnels and hiding. I tried to make it a balanced gameplay of running and hiding. I hope you like it!
Screenshots of map: http://imgur.com/aHtFc,p8ghk,eyS9d,6KFJd,IPQJh,avDTT,97ENO,nmJir

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
The one thing I can say about this map, is that it has a very pleasant and great aesthetic.
However, there are a couple of things bugging me about the map.
For one: This greatly reminds me of the formation of 77_is_the_best's TNT map, with the single large structure in the center of the map with a large, empty space for people to run in.
It honestly did not provide a fair amount of good game-play.
Despite the increase in hiding places, I can still imagine trouble with how the gameplay will occur, as honestly from the pictures, the ice-cream mountain is only about... 1-2 block deep? If players want to hide along the sides of this mountain, it would be fairly easy for a zombie to come and pick them off.
Because of that, I can only really see players surviving on the fairly large walls of the map; if they are breakable of course.

I think it may be better if you add more surrounding the Ice-cream, perhaps shrinking it down a margin and perhaps placing it in a corner of the map, and adding Ice-cream related items around it; but that is only my opinion of it. Despite that, perhaps add items inside or perhaps a jump-course inside the ice-cream, so as not to make it so empty / plain, which is a real draw-back for the map.

• Useful
Reactions: omgitsathong

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
The one thing I can say about this map, is that it has a very pleasant and great aesthetic.
However, there are a couple of things bugging me about the map.
For one: This greatly reminds me of the formation of 77_is_the_best's TNT map, with the single large structure in the center of the map with a large, empty space for people to run in.
It honestly did not provide a fair amount of good game-play.
Despite the increase in hiding places, I can still imagine trouble with how the gameplay will occur, as honestly from the pictures, the ice-cream mountain is only about... 1-2 block deep? If players want to hide along the sides of this mountain, it would be fairly easy for a zombie to come and pick them off.
Because of that, I can only really see players surviving on the fairly large walls of the map; if they are breakable of course.

I think it may be better if you add more surrounding the Ice-cream, perhaps shrinking it down a margin and perhaps placing it in a corner of the map, and adding Ice-cream related items around it; but that is only my opinion of it. Despite that, perhaps add items inside or perhaps a jump-course inside the ice-cream, so as not to make it so empty / plain, which is a real draw-back for the map.
You could add more ice cream scoops instead of just one; then make it a system of inside running areas such as domezone.
Thanks for the advice ill come out with a new file and screenshots by next weekend.