• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheOne

Donor
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#ff0000]Poll is up. See the first post for the options! [/BCOLOR]

Catcocomics

Reaction score
When I was a little kid, as far as TV shows were concerned, it was all about that Thomas the Tank Engine and Blue's Clues. I also had a few fair interests in the likes of Wishbone, Zaboomafoo (if that's how you spell it), and Dragon Tales.
I also very regrettably watched shit like Barny the Dinosaur, Jay Jay the Jet Plain, and... whatever that whack show with the frogs was.
In my defense, whenever the TV turned on in my general vicinity at basically any time in my life before middle school (or whenever I finally got proficient at resisting the hypnotic effects of fuck it, I still have trouble looking away from an active TV if I don't immediately walk off first).

Basically, little kid with mild aspergers is going to stand no chance at looking away from a TV that has anything going on in it that isn't scary or very painfully boring, no matter how much I may have loathed the show that was playing.
Though, I have to say that I found Veggie Tales to be so horrifically revolting even before I was ready for preschool that I straight up refused to ever watch it, except for one time in 1st grade when the teacher pretty much forced the whole class to watch a couple of episodes.

Of course, all that kind of makes it look like I practically lived out the various TV shows I watched as a little kid (most of which I watched on cassette tapes, one of which I had a very emotionally painful lesson with that provides a very powerful and useful lesson to me to this day), but you would, at least be partially wrong, more and more wrong the older I got, but I will admit that my dad built me a rather basic train table for Thomas the Tank Engine toy sets that we almost never got me, and I had a few Blue's Clues things. I even still have a framed picture of all the main Thomas the Tank Engine characters in my room at my dad's house... even though I don't really care about TTE anymore...
#lazy

But no, whenever I wasn't sitting in front of a TV, eating, sleeping, or doing anything that pretty much all little kids don't find interesting or what ever, I was busy trying to live out life as if it was synonymous with one of the five games that I really played back in the day: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 64, or Donkey Kong 64.
Most of all, I was almost entirely obsessed with either being Yoshi, or with being Link (specifically the young Link from Ocarina of Time because I got nowhere in Majora's Mask (and probably didn't play it much at that age, geeiwonderwhy), and when I finally did get enough worldly comprehension to get through Lord Jabujabu on my own, I was too dead afraid of pulling the Master Sword because watching my mom play through Ocarina of Time had taught me that waiting just outside the Temple of Time seven years in the future was an army of shrieking redeads.
Almost any three-year-old kid is pretty much instantly terrified if there is loud screaming to be heard, and I was not much of an exception, especially when the things that screamed were rottin, and moaning, and skulking about like a creepy dead thing).

Well, none of what I just put in this spoiler is relevant, so I'll end it here before I do a literal summary of my entire life story and waste millions of bytes on useless rambling.
If you feel these rambles are too off topic, then, well, guess we could put them in their own Off Topic thread. Otherwise, see ya later.
This spoiler is to avoid random cluttering from slightly useless tangents, right?
Don't touch that spoiler button if you're only here for the memealicious avatar poll.