'Hyve'

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
Woot, yes, a new map made by Malacath.

Ok, let me introduce 'Hyve' to you, based on the secret laboratorium in Resident Evil called the 'The Hyve' and with that I mean the concept. Anyways, it took a long time to build but I put as much details in it as my creativeness allowed me. I hope it worked out great!

Little background story : If you enter the map hyve, you'll start in the peacefull looking area with some buildings, but.... once you entered the main building you'll discover the enormous underground lab. And... they're working with some weird metal boxes. What would be in it? DUN DUN DUN.

Anyways, here is some basic information :

Autor : Malacath
Op blocks : yes, op_air and op_water
Size : 128 x 128 x 128
.lvl : More than a month late, weeeee! http://www.mediafire.com/?usr2e561y45dlum ~Nill
Secrets : 10+ (including shortcuts)
Free roaming : 7/10
Good for hiding : 9/10
Good for running : 7.5/10
Good for jumping : 8/10
Good for illusion (building walls for fooling zombies) : 9/10

screens :
(it was quite hard to make the screens since I can't show the variety of rooms and hallways properly)

starting point

4 areas in the Hyve

@Airkid @kraby1 @Ooglie101 < you offered help on the next project. pm/chat or whatever to me and I'll discuss it with you

Pre-thanks for nill for giving the .lvl. @Nillbugwtw

Enjoy

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I love it, and there's not much I can say that isn't related to kraby's post.

On a kind of related note, I remember being stuck there while playing the game :I

Malacath

Reaction score
I love it, and there's not much I can say that isn't related to kraby's post.

On a kind of related note, I remember being stuck there while playing the game :I
Playing? it's not tested yet or in the circulation of the zombie maps, so I'm not quite sure what you're meaning. But anyways, if you mean ''there's a flaw'' I'd like to know where and which. So I can correct it. :3

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Playing? it's not tested yet or in the circulation of the zombie maps, so I'm not quite sure what you're meaning. But anyways, if you mean ''there's a flaw'' I'd like to know where and which. So I can correct it. :3
I meant, The Resident Evil GAME you based it off of. ;3

malacath said:
based on the secret laboratorium in Resident Evil called the 'The Hyve'

Malacath

Reaction score
Keep in mind: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/please-read-maps-with-a-start-and-an-end.2888/

Judging by your map, it looks like a circle map. Even though it looks well-built, I feel it might be more zombie-friendly (like on kororinpa).
So, if I would make 2 more elevators on different sides, that problem should be solved hm?

Besides, it's not even close to a circle map in my opinion. You can go in alot of different directions, it's definitly more free roaming then circling. I'd like to know what the reason is why you think it's circular. I'd appreciate any response. Greetings!

L

Later_Gator

So, if I would make 2 more elevators on different sides, that problem should be solved hm?

Besides, it's not even close to a circle map in my opinion. You can go in alot of different directions, it's definitly more free roaming then circling. I'd like to know what the reason is why you think it's circular. I'd appreciate any response. Greetings!
Well, just looking on the outside of it looks like it's circular. I might have to check the map out for myself.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
Avant was on there the other day getting the file, I'm not sure if he converted it though cause we were having some problems with determining the dimensions. But I think we figured it out. Just lettin ya know,

Malacath

Reaction score
Yes, this has been brought back to life, thanks to AvantGarde. I finally got the file, thanks to Avantgarde again. Should be there anytime!

~Enjoy testing.

Edit : @AvantGarde *ahem*