Hylian ranks

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Basically, this I to replace/finish the light ranks idea I had back in October.
My main reason for doing a new thread is because the old thread is probably considered dead, since it was last replied to on Oct 20th, though my more complete idea of the ranks should hopefully also suffice as reasoning.

Now, here'll be the changes:

The rank colors shall remain he same as prior RoF rank colors (grey, yellow, red, black, blue, gold), but the ranks series color shall be Dark Blue.

Now, we'll keep Hero mode mostly the same, but the special rank currency item will be Nether Stars, which will not be exchangeable for cookies.

The Hylian shops will also shift orientation a bit so that it's about 40% combat, 50% agriculture (mainly pumpkins), and 10% misc.
I also want one of the mid-rank shops to have special milk buckets that restore a small amount of health when consumed.

Hopefully, this isn't going to be too drastic a change from the original ideas for the light ranks, incase progress had been made on those.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
It's called a suggestion for a reason, you know. Never said this was necessary.

I never did get anything telling me whether or not my original idea has been accepted or not, and it's thread just died.
Not knowing exactly what to assume, I went ahead and posted this to see if anyone even had thoughts on the subject anymore.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
would rof even get sponsored by sega though
like why have franchise-based stuff if there's no reason for it other than appealing to a specific - and i'll be the first t0 say it, minority in terms of the communty, fanbase?

like if we have a Hymian store stuff could we have a some lovecraftian non-euclidean pickaxes or something too, for horror fans? maybe a Star Wars: The Force Awakens tie-in obsidian block for the trekkies, or in-server humour classes for homestuck fans.

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
I hope there's a more extensive explanation to your decision. If I make a suggestion I would expect a reasonable reply knowing the reason why it was accepted or denied. Instead of just replying with "No". I think it's just having some courtesy and respect towards the person who made the suggestion.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I hope there's a more extensive explanation to your decision. If I make a suggestion I would expect a reasonable reply knowing the reason why it was accepted or denied. Instead of just replying with "No". I think it's just having some courtesy and respect towards the person who made the suggestion.
everything that would have been said has been in the multiple thread that have preceded it

the suggestion itself is blatantly so, and if you need another full thread of the community tearing it to pieces yet again, I don't know what you're trying to achieve

if a controller has finally gotten this sick of something you're doing something wrong

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
everything that would have been said has been in the multiple thread that have preceded it

the suggestion itself is blatantly so, and if you need another full thread of the community tearing it to pieces yet again, I don't know what you're trying to achieve

if a controller has finally gotten this sick of something you're doing something wrong
Jivvi, you're missing the point completely.

The suggestion is far from being "Blantantly" and even if you think the suggestion is unpleasant, repetitive or dumb, you still need to treat it with respect. So please don't call it that way, when Catcocomics is spending time of his life to care so much about RoF to make a suggestion to possibly improve the server.

I could care less if an operator, controller or director gets tired or sick of a suggestion. They still need to suck it up and treat the suggestion like it deserves to be treated and give a proper reply.

You see Ogarci's reply? That's an example of how I would expect someone to reply. Not necessarily a long post but it gave a fair enough reason. He explained himself, which that's well appreciate it. Dessern didn't.

And please, don't turn this into an argument or try to distort what I was trying to say, when I was simply directing something towards Dessern in a polite way. Not you. so kindly stay out of it.

Not replying to you if you dare to post again. Not worth it.

EDIT: Well, apparently Dessern resigned. But I still made my point, and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
maybe add small variations of prestige ranks so that not everyone has to be of the cult of Avallis?
Like, they're basically the same rank, but with a different title and maybe slight difference in shop selections.

Basically, expand the six prestige ranks by giving them special optional things like being more agriculture or combat oriented.

Also, Legend of Zelda is Nintendo.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
maybe add small variations of prestige ranks so that not everyone has to be of the cult of Avallis?
Like, they're basically the same rank, but with a different title and maybe slight difference in shop selections.
wouldn't bought titles, maybe from a select list that expands as the user ranks up, make more sense instead?