/howtoplay

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is the best suggestion, just something I thought off the top of my head that could help.

The idea: The basic idea is that a player types a command and it tells them the basics of playing, except there'd be different thinks like /howtoplay general, /howtoplay human, /howtoplay zombie, etc (e.g. /howtoplay zombie would teach them the basic mechanics of being a zombie).

Pros: Stops the massive explaining (and, sometimes when lots of people say it, spam) that people have to do and gives a more in-depth explanation.

Cons: People might be more laid back with helping and not explain other things

So, what do you think?

Reactions: Notme

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Player: how 2 play?
Marnixxie: Use /howtoplay [zombie]
Marnixxie: Or use /howtoplayer [human]
Player: kthx.

OR

Player: how 2 play?
Marnixxie: As a human your aim is to survive the whole round, without being Zombified. As a zombie, your aim is to Zombify all the humans before the completion of the round.
Player: Thanks it all makes sense now!

Through the eyes of a Trusted, I more prefer to explain it myself.
Instead of here you got a command, help yourself.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Cons: People might be more laid back with helping and not explain other things

So, what do you think?
Well, if I remember right, on the old forums there was something about $commands being removed because they wanted the Trusteds to be able to explain for themselves. Not 100% sure though. Also, unless it's a command like /sr in TNT, you will instead have people spamming ./howtoplay and Use /howtoplay.