Homestuck

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know Caff
They LITERALLY said they were just bros AND Karkat is acting NO WHERE NEAR how he acted when he had a crush on Terezi. I vote on moraillagence (or however you spell it) Also, did you see his interest in Jade and his Davesprite's relationship? HMMMMM? It's not Davekat, it was basically killed.
CaffeinatedKitty FIGHT ME.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
http://heirofhomosexuality.tumblr.c...heres-people-that-are-like-davekat-isnt#notes I agree entirely with this person
And yeah, they didn't actually confirm or deny if they were because Karkat launched into his dramatic spiel out of embarrassment and they just dropped it
But apparently Hussie confirmed it canon on his Twitter or something??
also just because he said he's not gay doesn't mean he isn't bi or pan or something else entirely
anD WHEN DID THEY SAY THEY WERE JUST BROS PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN
plus the fact that Dave and Terezi are completely different people, and I imagine he'd act totally different in an established or at least more stable relationship than one that I recall being volatile and extremely unsure
See above statement about being bi or pan and interest does not indicate an actual consideration of doing the same anyway
How was it killed
And it's moiraillegience I believe ;)

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Toiletprincess said:
I believe their relationship is moiraillegience. I will find pictures of confirmed brohood[
JOHN: n... no!
KARKAT: A FAIR REBUTTAL. HOWEVER, CONSIDER THIS COUNTERPOINT:
KARKAT: Y... YES???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAVE: ok i guess what im saying is
DAVE: i dont think its all as simple as you think it is
DAVE: or maybe not like ACTIVELY think it is but continue to assume it is on account of NOT thinkin about it much
DAVE: due to a lot of junk about the subject that gets shoved into our brains from movies and stuff while we were just dumb kids

... (John's part is here but he just says "I.. hm,")
DAVE: im just saying it probably isnt as absolute or simplistic as the way youve been framing it
DAVE: or maybe it is for you personally i dont know
DAVE: im just guessing you havent spent much time thinking about it if only cause all the stuff we read and watch suggests that like even examining your honest thoughts about it is perilous road to go down
DAVE: cause if you actually think too much about it without always having that undercurrent of haha nope nope nope THEN what happens
DAVE: what if it turns out youre like...

Aight so, part 1 here. Dave considers John's argument that it is "normal" to claim sexual orientation one way or the other and be done with it, but counters with this bit of text. Dave is saying that John (or rather, he's channeling himself) might not be completely sure as he is simply accepting societal norms. He goes as far to say that the societal norms have made John purposefully avoid thinking about it, (and when you think about it, that is totally Dave considering the slurs he slung early in the webcomic) and claims there's probably more to figuring it out than what John put into it. So already, this part is suspicious. Pretty much no heterosexual questions this much nor engages in this much denial (especially for someone else) and Dave's last sentence is "what if it turns out you're like..." which is basically a dead giveaway without me saying it. This leads into the next bit:

DAVE: but ive had a fuck ton of time on my hands to think about stuff
DAVE: about stuff ive said and done in the past why i said and did them
DAVE: a lot of things i once would have insisted were like part of my brand and helped me come across cool and smartassy
DAVE: but now im not so sure
DAVE: we used rip on each other all the time for being gay even though we knew we werent which of course is what made it "funny" remember
JOHN: yeah.
JOHN: i dunno, it was pretty funny, sometimes.
JOHN: it was just a lot of joking around!
DAVE: yeah i know
DAVE: it frankly IS funny to say how gay something is sometimes and lets face it sometimes someone or something is just flat out REALLY fucking gay and theres no two ways about it
DAVE: its more like that through the preponderance of all that jokey shit is an underlying implication that its all lame stuff for pansies but not like us no were not lame and ha ha thats the joke

So here, and for a few lines after, Dave attacks his and John's use of slurs in the past. It is a bit surprising that he says "it frankly IS funny to say how gay something is sometimes..." but that could also be taken as letting John down easy, as when you make wild accusations or jump to quick conclusions with batty sjw stuff people are less likely to listen to you. However, Dave explains the harm of slurs perfectly in "...is an underlying implication that its all lame stuff for pansies..." and then connects himself and John to it.

DAVE: which thrives on this like double-buried implication that the REAL COOL SHIT is founded on this absurd wanky ideal about masculinity which if you think about it is 1. dumb as fuck 2. the male adulation of masculinity to that extent TO BE HONEST is pretty fucking gay unto itself and 3. was always some totally impossible shit for us to live up to anyway
DAVE: i think all thats mixed up with the same phony ideals about heroism

The only thing I wanna say about this quote is that once again, no one's gonna be asking this type of stuff unless they are questioning or already questioned.

JOHN: dave, um.
JOHN: all that's cool and all, and...
JOHN: i think i mostly agree?
JOHN: but...
JOHN: ummmm, how do i put this.
JOHN: are you...
JOHN: are you gay now?

Ever since the timeline went to shit I haven't liked John's character, but I think it's pretty clear that if this aloof pajama boy can pick up on it, well, probably everyone else can. This is where it gets interesting folks, pay attention from here on out:

JOHN: are you gay now?
DAVE: what no

So this is likely why one would deny it, and I'll admit it gave me pause too, but there's something else going on here:

DAVE: the fact that you were wondering if i "turned gay" makes me think maybe youre still not quite on the wavelength im tryin to ramble on here

So, Dave did explicitly deny it just a second ago, but here he says John is "not quite on the wavelength im tryin to ramble on here". Where have we seen this before?

Just a couple lines after this Dirk says that labels are old fashioned. So we have Dave (who would take after Dirk the most being his brother) saying that John is on the wrong "wavelength" in labeling Dave gay, and Dirk saying that Roxy is "old fashioned" for labeling him gay. Considering how closely connected Dave and Dirk are, I would say its pretty much a confirmation, as Dirk was confirmed later.

JOHN: um.
JOHN: did you...
JOHN: like, date any boys?

DAVE: uh

Strange question to hesitate on, it seems pretty straightforward.

So, that's all I got for specifically Homestuck quotes, but allow me to wrap this up with important anecdotes from related sources.
^^ is in a spoiler because you have to actually READ the rest to get spoiled, but this is big and in your face spoiler

Conclusion: Dave is gay. Karkat and Dave are canon.
Goodnight everyone

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Omfg I
ROSE: Hi, John's hot mom.
ROSE: (Aw shit.)
hELP I'M DYING
Edit:
omfg their faces

Help
JASPROSESPRITE^2: Meow meow motherfuckers.

ROXY: why is everything always so wonderful
Roxy pls

Last edited: