DarkRP - Declined Harris's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
APPLICATION OF LUIGIHARRISMARIO
DATE OF CREATION 22-12-16

What is your in-game name? (Please also give any alt accounts, and if you're applying for our TTT or DarkRP server, your Steam ID.)
LuigiHarrisMario is my ingame name and my normal is Harris. Steam ID is STEAM_0:0:73434811

What timezone do you live in?
(UTC+01:00)

How many hours have you played on the server for?
The server has not been released yet and beta starts on 23-12-16 and thus i am unable to gain hours.

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?
Estimated 10 hours

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)
I currently do not have any

What do you think the role entails?
Great times, having lot's of fun with players on the server.
Time's that you don't wanna forget.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want do something with Escaperestart as this has been my favorite network for quite a while now and i mostly have been playing Trouble in Terrorist Town and made alot of friends (Inluding Hoóg)
Those are time's i don't wanna forget.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
I am active, i am able to solve issues quite fast and overall i am just a nice and friendly guy. I should be able to get along with everyone nicely!

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
1. Inspect the problem 2. Inspect the cause 3. Try to find a solution 4a. If the solution has been found and worked out then it is solved 4b. If unable to find a solution; ask for help of other staff

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
Nope

How well do you know ULX? (DarkRP only)
I know the basic's of it. If needed i can always learn more! ;)

What would you do in the case of a MassRDM? (DarkRP only)
1. Freeze the rdmer's 2. Ask for a reason (This can be used to improve the server if they have a complain)
3. Ban them

Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory!)
Zero

Reactions: Lux and Hex

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Harris, thanks for applying.

As I was reading through your application, I noticed some things could've been filled out a bit more detailed.
What do you think the role entails?
Great times, having lot's of fun with players on the server.
Time's that you don't wanna forget.
As much as I do agree with making things fun for the players on the server, things do need to be serious at times since players may get into arguements and such.

What would you do in the case of a MassRDM? (DarkRP only)
1. Freeze the rdmer's 2. Ask for a reason (This can be used to improve the server if they have a complain)
3. Ban them
The problem I see with this, is that you jump to the "ban" straight away, unless you've worded this wrong.
I can see a lot of issues arising if you're jumping to ban players. What if the whole scenario was a accident and one of the players didn't mean to kill the guy? Sometimes you need to step back and see what's really going on in the situation and not jump to conclusions.

As for how you act on the servers currently, from what I've seen, you can immature at times but then again I haven't really seen the serious side of you so maybe show that some more!

For now I'm going to give this app a -1/0 since I think things can be filled out with more detail on explaining situations and how you would really staff on the server rather than a shortned down version and maybe show us your serious side a bit more than the immature side!

• Thank You
Reactions: LuigiHarrisMario
Reaction score

As I was reading through your application, I noticed some things could've been filled out a bit more detailed.

As much as I do agree with making things fun for the players on the server, things do need to be serious at times since players may get into arguements and such.

The problem I see with this, is that you jump to the "ban" straight away, unless you've worded this wrong.
I can see a lot of issues arising if you're jumping to ban players. What if the whole scenario was a accident and one of the players didn't mean to kill the guy? Sometimes you need to step back and see what's really going on in the situation and not jump to conclusions.

As for how you act on the servers currently, from what I've seen, you can immature at times but then again I haven't really seen the serious side of you so maybe show that some more!

For now I'm going to give this app a -1/0 since I think things can be filled out with more detail on explaining situations and how you would really staff on the server rather than a shortned down version and maybe show us your serious side a bit more than the immature side!
And that is the best thing about applications.
They are ways to improve on yourself and on the server.

Thank you Hoog for responding, i will try my best to!

Reactions: Lux

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I read your application, it was okay but nothing spectacular. I spent some time with you in-game yesterday too and I don't think you would make for a good staff member. You said: "I love saying fuck" and just minged around a bit.

JoeisPyro

Possible Asshoel/Fungui
Reaction score
As Hoog And shiny Pointed out, There could be more depth to your aqpplication, I havent met you yet but you dont seem like someone thats serious abotu a staff postion -1

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the others. You are too immature and maturity is one of the main things we look out for.

Regarding the application, this could use more effort. But that can be fixed easily.

I haven't been able to see much of you so you may have the potential to be a lot more serious.

So I'll have to give you a 0.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to deny this application. You were super helpful during the beta, but as others have pointed out, you had some problems with rules, and us having to remind you multiple times of things. You can reapply in 2 weeks if you feel like!

Status
Not open for further replies.