Harassment

MacTarvish

Reaction score
Most recently there have been players that come on the server and start asking other players for personal info like, age, gender, where they live.
If someone does respond to these questions, the player then begins to harass the player that answered. I for one have been targeted by one of these players. It disturbs the other players and is a overall Nuisance.

I suggest it is placed in the rule not to treat the server like a dating site. I understand it should be under common sense but players don't seem to respond when we tell them so.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
To address your specific event Mac: I remember PMing you directly over the server asking if the player in question was harassing you. You answered with a no. When you answered me with a no, the Operators were not able to do anything with this limited line because you denied us being able to put our imput and authority on the server. It wasn't until the second group that was also doing this and your involved party blew all this crap up to a proportion that it actually caused the Operators to be distracted from doing their duty as staff. Causing the entire server to have to be addressed with a Chat Moderation.

Another event I'd like to add: There was another time where Personal Information was being exchanged between two people. Obviously neither had a problem with it and I even asked a Controller that was on at the time being is all this was okay and they answered if they're both consenting to it then it's approval.

I did talk to both of them though asking if they're okay with saying details as in, "I got to ___ school" and both seemed indifferent to the dangers. Meh. :I

But yes Mac, I'm definitely following you on this thread. Sorry for making it seem first paragraph was against you. Although, this already falls under Rule 7; obviously yes, alert an Operator if someone is harassing you then you contact one of them online about it. Pictures if it's Private Messaged. We don't need a Rule 11 for this. A "no Personal information" rule wouldn't cover it was this player's "I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU" nonsense that was actually the core problem.

I'd like to think of this Thread as in people be more aware. C:

Wyrer

Rooster
Donor
Reaction score
I agree completely. Make like a....
Rule 13: (or whatever number): Asking for personal information is forbidden!
I wouldn't go that far, you can really make some good friends by meeting them on servers like zombie, and sharing personal info is totally up to the players imo. People can say no but if you continue to bug players about it, I think that falls under "common sense" and I'd warn them accordingly.

MacTarvish

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far, you can really make some good friends by meeting them on servers like zombie, and sharing personal info is totally up to the players imo. People can say no but if you continue to bug players about it, I think that falls under "common sense" and I'd warn them accordingly.
That is not what I necessarily mean. The harassment doesn't just lie on the personal questions but players tend to blurt out things like "I love you" and other stuff.

Another event I'd like to add: There was another time where Personal Information was being exchanged between two people. Obviously neither had a problem with it and I even asked a Controller that was on at the time being is all this was okay and they answered if they're both consenting to it then it's approval.
I did talk to both of them though asking if they're okay with saying details as in, "I got to ___ school" and both seemed indifferent to the dangers. Meh. :I
Regarding the sharing of personal info. Wouldn't it be safer if we didn't allow the sharing of personal info like "where do you live" " what school do you go to" "your name" as we don't know everybody(IRL) and we don't know what they are capable of.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Regarding the sharing of personal info. Wouldn't it be safer if we didn't allow the sharing of personal info like "where do you live" " what school do you go to" "your name" as we don't know everybody(IRL) and we don't know what they are capable of.
Yes I would, I'm still pointing out the fact of: It's still a person's choice of what they can and can not reveal about themself.

I'd like to think of this Thread as in people be more aware. C:

paceboys

Reaction score
So we're going to skip rule 10,11,12 and make a rule 13? :p
I agree completely. Make like a....
Rule 13: (or whatever number): Asking for personal information is forbidden!
I didnt read the rules last time i was there, and they changed. I remember rule 13 was the no duck rule and that got taken out (i think) so i started there.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
People's private info is private, but if they decide to take it upon themselves to share it with someone then that is up to their own discretion. We aren't here to babysit every player that joins in. If someone is uncomfortable with a player we can ask that player to leave that guy alone and warn from there.

Use Common Sense! I know its not all that common but I still have faith that even with the most idiotic 10 year old, there is some form of common sense just waiting to come out. I am also sure we all got the lecture from our parents telling us not to share your private info on the internet. Listen to those big mean ole parents.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
When I met Danny online for the first time I told him I was from London. (I'm not) :3

There is however a very fine line sometimes between being friendly and being creepy and nosy.