Griefing While Frozen Results: More guests banned

Should a disable-build mod be added to frozen players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahiya

Reaction score
I've been observing when a guest gets frozen for griefs or mods i hear that he/she griefs while frozen.
I wish that there was a mod where the person frozen cannot grief. This will result in less bans and
it will also alert the guest what's happening to them. When they build or hit a block it will say
"You cannot build, you are frozen, pay attention. Like that. This will alert the guest that their frequent respawning in one place is a freeze, so they will listen more. They will also be lifted from their shock of being stuck. This thread is not to say that
the Ops+ are bad at not understanding the guest's reactions to being frozen. When i get frozen i get shocked and so do guests. I just want them to get a better understanding of being frozen and that they should be alert and ready to respond to the Ops.

TheFurion101

Nostalgic
Reaction score
I, personally disagree with the fact that "there will be less bans" , griefing on purpouse is a permanent ban and griefing while frozen just makes it harder for the griefer on the appeal.

Ahiya

Reaction score
I, personally disagree with the fact that "there will be less bans" , griefing on purpouse is a permanent ban and griefing while frozen just makes it harder for the griefer on the appeal.
If they griefed on accident, then what? They get frozen, shocked, grief some more to see what's happening, cant answer due to shock, banned...

Brando212

Reaction score
i like this but shouldn't this have been in the suggestions forum instead of discussion?

No, it won't. If they are frozen for griefing, they aren't "Oh, what do??! I don't know what happen? Maybe I should delete blocks as far as I can reach, that will fix it!" No, they do it to get in that last bit of grief before being banned.
isn't that a reason this SHOULD be implemented? stop them from causing more harm

trngl3087

Reaction score
No. Griefing while frozen shows that the player is determined to grief. Ops will usually /undo the player's actions at least once and tell them to stop or they will be banned. The reason they were frozen in the first place is because they were not following the rules. If the freeze, /undo and chat messages isn't enough to make them pay attention, a ban will. And they can always appeal.

Also, this should be in Suggestions, not Discussion.

Ahiya

Reaction score
If they griefed on accident, why would they grief more after the freeze?
I can see this as a form of damage control, but not to stop confusion.
Yes, Brando, I was elaborating a bit more in this post.
Im not sure you read my full reply...

Ahiya

Reaction score
No. Griefing while frozen shows that the player is determined to grief. Ops will usually /undo the player's actions at least once and tell them to stop or they will be banned. The reason they were frozen in the first place is because they were not following the rules. If the freeze, /undo and chat messages isn't enough to make them pay attention, a ban will. And they can always appeal.

Also, this should be in Suggestions, not Discussion.
Ok, thank you but if there was a mod to unable the frozen to build, then this hassle will be off the shoulders of many ops+

Smaned

California Roll
Reaction score
Like trngl said, its not that hard to undo a player if they start griefing when frozen, and it quickly tells us that they shouldn't be here if they grief instead of answering us. So, yes, it may seem like it makes our jobs easier, but if they can hide it the first time, it means more hassle later. And the 'less bans' excuse really just seems like hiding the actions of people who will be banned later on, if they continue.

EDIT: Also, since freeze works by continually spawning the player in-place, I'm not sure how you'd get them to not be able to build without killing them. Then again, I'm not a programmer, just my thoughts on that.

ForNeverMore

He who sees all
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Well, you can always prevent them from griefing, it would be quite easy to program, but you could add a little program that sends the freezing op a message every time that frozen player attempts to break a block, or something along those lines.

21stcentury

Reaction score
I am in favor of the mod, since if the frozen user still griefs, the ops+ will have to focus on the grief instead of the player that is frozen. Useful when there is only one staff online.

Summer10

Reaction score
We have something on zombie that happens when you are frozen

A message will pop up saying "You are frozen listen to (insert freezers name here) most of the time they still don't understand.(this may be on other servers)

I think this will have the same results having the server say "You are frozen" etc when you break a block they will think wth "why can't i grief any more?" or something along those lines.

If they are so determined to grief even though it is in the /rules that they do it WHILE frozen for griefing
I dont think they are confused...

Smaned

California Roll
Reaction score
We have something on zombie that happens when you are frozen

A message will pop up saying "You are frozen listen to (insert freezers name here) most of the time they still don't understand.(this may be on other servers)
Its on lava too.
@21stcentury - We DO focus on the player, but its not like hes going to grief in an area far away from him. He's going to do it right next to him, and then we just notice it and ban him outright. Its actually fairly simple.

@ForNeverMore - Sure, but usually it would just spam the chat and make it so we can't see anything else someone could be saying/needing help with.

ForNeverMore

He who sees all
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
@Smaned
If it spams the chat, you ban them. Then you can always look back in the IRC to see if you missed any pleas for help. Also, there's a chance the said player may repeat their plea for help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.