Great Music

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I swear to god, you've stolen my iTunes .
That's cause I have (Muahahaha). Sadly it's only a small bit of it, and I bet the rest is probably great. Just give me yours, Damer's, and Later's music libraries. Donate your musical tastes to a kangaroo in need today!

This year has been amazing for music I listen to, so many of my favourite groups are releasing new albums or singles for upcoming ones.
Like this one that came out a few days ago:

I'm so excited; they're releasing their next album in September. Their first album is probably one of the few from any artist where I can't say I've disliked any of its songs. Hopefully this one lives up to the last!

Monsters and Men had a really nice album release to!

I just love these lyrics videos. They're so unique, just having a random person singing dramatically to the song in black/white.

How about some gaming music?

Fantastic soundtrack this game has. Pretty good game too. I've been playing it a lot recently.

And that's been your Kangaroo Musical Broadcast this week. We'll see you next week for another 3 choices!

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
So while I was at the farmer's market this morning I happened across someone playing one of these. (First time seeing/hearing it, didn't even know what it was.)

That's a really cool instrument. Seems like it could be easy to pick up and play (at least, from watching).
I checked out a few more people play and some different versions, and I really like some of the slower/deeper sounding ones. Seems like this would be awesome to use for atmospheric or ambient tracks. :eek:
Hang & Handpan Comparison: Click me!

Some music I've been listening to lately:
I didn't think much of this at first, but the song's really grown on me. I want to hear more of them now.
I've never played Chrono Trigger, but I liked this remix!
I like to put at least 1 VGS in every post. This isn't the actual song, but I can't find the full version. The actual song "family" starts halfway through the video, but damn is it the best bit.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
I've never played Chrono Trigger, but I liked this remix!
If you ever do get around to playing it or its sequel Chrono Cross (I highly recommend them) I suggest you take notes. Those games are long enough and have enough content that it's easy to lose track of what was going on. (Especially if you take a day or two away from the game)

Here's a link to the Chrono Cross soundtrack if you're curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKangaroo

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
I have a question for anyone who listens to chillstep, drumstep, or dubstep. (Not so much trance or atmospheric. Dark trance is a lot more common than dark chillstep it seems.)

Do you know of any other songs that have the same atmosphere as these two?

Last edited: