Grandprix award help

tommy

Reaction score
Instead of an op having to watch all 4 laps on grandprix there should be a auto lap counter when you pass the finish line it counts each lap. If we do this then there would be proof that they got all four laps.

Reactions: balloon98

Blankk

Reaction score
That wouldn't really work because you could just go back and forth over the finish line, and there's no way to know that you actually went around the WHOLE lap. It's a lot easier imo to just have someone watch. And it would probably be hard to make something in minecraft to count your laps.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
tommy i know what u mean but that will prob be hard to code with people running back and forth with the line.
but tommy i do know you did the 4 laps because you were running with me but u forgot to say "3" so im not sure if ops count that.

edit: ninja'd by blankk!

You can also avoid this by clearly stating the laps like: im on LAP 3!

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
You didn't really need to post that, Wasn't helpful at all and didn't contribute to this thread :/
He's a zombie trusted, he has some say in this, and it's helpful to have conformation from someone who knows the rules.
And you don't need to be an ignorant prick. Honestly, I don't care at all what you think about what I post. Are you the forum god, or something? Gtfo.
Just try and be nice. No need to call names.
Oh, and ninja'd Gamefan.:ninja:

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Auto lap counter would be hard to code, since you could do what Blankk said.
That wouldn't really work because you could just go back and forth over the finish line, and there's no way to know that you actually went around the WHOLE lap. It's a lot easier imo to just have someone watch. And it would probably be hard to make something in minecraft to count your laps.
Hard to code, easy to dupe, easier to have someone watch, probably.

Blankk

Reaction score
Making a lap counter wouldn't be that hard; just have them click a special block when they get there.

Also, to avoid people just going back and forth - checkpoints.
That would still be hard to code though, wouldn't it?

Horrible

A pathetic creature of meat and bone.
Donor
Reaction score
That would still be hard to code though, wouldn't it?
No, it would require very little coding, actually.

There are already special blocks that do things when you click them (eg, door) and making it so they keep a log of/broadcast who clicked them and in what order would be quite simple compared to other things.

Example of Broadcast:
XYZ Finished lap X in Xst/nd/rd/th place, with a total time of X:XX:XX.

@Gamefan - yes, they probably would be.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
No, it would require very little coding, actually.

There are already special blocks that do things when you click them (eg, door) and making it so they keep a log of/broadcast who clicked them and in what order would be quite simple compared to other things.

Example of Broadcast:
XYZ Finished lap X in Xst/nd/rd/th place, with a total time of X:XX:XX.

@Gamefan - yes, they probably would be.
So basically, when you are going round there will be GREEN checkpoint blocks you hit to log where you are on the course.. Sounds good, That way they can track your laps while you go round too.

Blankk

Reaction score
Oh well, I still think it's easier to just have an op watch you. But if it's possible to code something like that, it would be pretty cool.

tommy

Reaction score
what you can do is put a second checkpoint in the middle of the course as well as the end so people can't cheat