Declined Gateway To Rift

ThomasYatron

Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Gateway To Rift
  • Intended Gamemode: (Survival or Classic) survival
  • Creator(s): ThomasYatron
  • Size: 92X120
  • Biome: there are 2, forest hills and nether.
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) : link to screenshots:
http://postimg.org/gallery/olbn1sj0/
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional):
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?:
  • Any extra information about your map?:
  • Download link (optional):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rzd4risuw2nsek1/RoF_Map_ThomasYatron.zip

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Okay, basing it off the screenshots for a judgement didn't help me much, but after going in the file I came to an answer (53 blocks tall, this map is). Again, getting better, but there needs to be more done than just world editing a box inside of a box, then making a hole connecting the two boxes with what look like four TNT blocks. The surface and inside look just a bit too bland. Not much is going on around either, maybe more can be done to these? For instance, on the surface it's just a bunch of randomly grown trees. Perhaps you could make a small city on top of the gateway, place end portal blocks (not the frame, but the literal portal blocks) around it. This could give the illusion of transporting between worlds. As for the underside, how about a nether-based "city" in ruins. Perhaps even a fort/base would be a nice touch. More natural hills could help greatly, because as of right now, it looks way too obvious that you used world edit. Next, you only have three timers visible. That's around 8:45 between each timer? Perhaps more timers (or better spacing between the second to last and last) would do better.

No chests located, recommended that no-break/no-drop blocks are blocks like the beacons. I also want to note how there is zero stone in this map. Typically, good survival maps need stone for new players to get basic materials if they're playing for the first time. Since your map has no stone, this would be more suited to classic (in this case, taller would definitely be advised. Taller/deeper since there are only three timers I could find). So as it stands right now, I believe you still have room for improvement. As I said on Abandoned Cobblestone Factory, please use BuildBox for map making. If you don't have builder rank, apply for it when you can. You'll get World Edit access, as I'm told. You can even ask for help from others for real-time advice and better feedback than we can provide.

Editing in: I found five timers and one chest. This chest contains a stack of arrows and bread, a stone sword, a bow, a spruce sapling, a red flower, and bonemeal. It's dis-advisable to have a stack of food/arrows when there's few chests in the map, especially when they're all in the same map. Perhaps eight to sixteen in one chest? Reasonable amounts are fine, but a stack is a bit much.

Last edited:

ThomasYatron

Reaction score
I will edit the terrain and add a town in both sides. Then I will add more chests and less items in each then post a new map download link!

superhalo6

Reaction score
I looked through your revised map briefly, there appears to be not much stone, that could be difficult for new players, as Deadface mentioned.

Though the end portal entrance to the nether bit of the map could be made a bit more glorified and look like something mystical/magical. You could add a ruin or what not, maybe a tomb.

The houses are rather basic, adding a variety of blocks, or changing the shape so it isn't a square could work, if you need help you could head over to the warp at BB //warp buildinghelp

So far I would give the rating +0, though this could change.