Game mode: Team Elimintation

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Basically, both teams have 50 lives. Every death a player takes loses a life for his/her team. The first team to get the enemy to 0 lives wins, or the team with the most remaining lives at the end of 10 minutes wins. Please delete this thread if someone already posted this idea. Also, I foresee a problem with newer players dying a lot, so if you have a solution, please post it.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Hmm...

It ~might~ work.

Or we give each team a set amount of points, i.e, 100 to begin with.
Each time an enemy player dies, you get a point.
Each time one of your player dies, you lose a point.
The team with the most points at the end wins.

Y'see, I, nor anyone else, particularly likes to see rounds end early. Your preposition means that the round can end as early as 5 minutes. But your preposition also means that you need to be careful with your lives and fight cautiously, because there is a consequence of losing points.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
It would be a good addition I think. However I think if it were to be added it shouldn't be as common as the other game-plays but more of a rare mode, maybe even triggered by a command. I definitely agree with Razinaos comment on the round ending to quickly and I support the solution he came up with. I would enjoy playing it. Sounds good.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Or we give each team a set amount of points, i.e, 100 to begin with.
Each time an enemy player dies, you get a point.
Each time one of your player dies, you lose a point.
The team with the most points at the end wins.
I fail to see how this is different to what we have at the moment.

Essentially, it would change nothing to what we currently have, just that some rounds would end earlier than others. There's nothing *new* that would happen, just people get pissy when their team is bad.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I fail to see how this is different to what we have at the moment.

Essentially, it would change nothing to what we currently have, just that some rounds would end earlier than others. There's nothing *new* that would happen, just people get pissy when their team is bad.
Its supposed to be more competitive than tnt wars, because in tnt wars you rarely get a game where both teams are neck-and-neck, its usually just a one sided slaughter fest (meaning one team wins by 10 or more points usually).

Reactions: Luigi

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Its supposed to be more competitive than tnt wars, because in tnt wars you rarely get a game where both teams are neck-and-neck, its usually just a one sided slaughter fest (meaning one team wins by 10 or more points usually).
Yes, but it won't change the way it's played. People are selfish, they don't care how they do as a team, only that they want to get the 100 points at the end of the round. Having a limitation on the amount of times a team can die won't change the mechanics of it, it will just limit what goes on in the games.

• Agree
Reactions: Amorix