Game Mode Suggestion

Conor

Reaction score
Website
cipbot.webs.com
Hello, again!

So this time I have a suggestion for a game mode. I am expecting a lot of hate for this suggestion as most people do not like change, and the typical free for all game mode is most wanted and obviously the most common on every zombie server.

So my game mode is called a 'Panic Round'. To begin with, everybody apart from 1-3 players (depends on server count) are chosen as the lucky human(s). Everybody else is made a zombie from the start. The round would be much shorter, something like 1 - 2 minutes. Every zombie has to chase down the minimal human(s) before the round ends. If the humans survive, they deserve a much larger prize (whatever money/prize/karma system thing you use).

Just a suggestion; but its a pretty adrenaline-pumping round if you're the human :p

Dio4344

Reaction score
Seems confusing to me, We do have Panic sometimes which is where with 10 seconds before the round starts, they put all of us back in spawn, and we have to run

Vatowski

Reaction score
Hello, again!

So this time I have a suggestion for a game mode. I am expecting a lot of hate for this suggestion as most people do not like change, and the typical free for all game mode is most wanted and obviously the most common on every zombie server.

So my game mode is called a 'Panic Round'. To begin with, everybody apart from 1-3 players (depends on server count) are chosen as the lucky human(s). Everybody else is made a zombie from the start. The round would be much shorter, something like 1 - 2 minutes. Every zombie has to chase down the minimal human(s) before the round ends. If the humans survive, they deserve a much larger prize (whatever money/prize/karma system thing you use).

Just a suggestion; but its a pretty adrenaline-pumping round if you're a the human :p
Pretty much like juggernaut rounds in AoD except instead of having armor to survive, you have less time to survive in order to win :). I like the idea, it will be very fun if its integrated in the zombie server I am sure of it

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I have an idea that is similar to this, but I am still working out the kinks for gameplay. Personally I like the idea, but the route I'm taking may or may not incorporate an objective. Not 100% sure yet, like I said still ironing out the flaws as I have not had much time to think about it due to my exams.

MacTarvish

Reaction score
I love this idea! A possible reward could be a special award (sort of like bear gryllls).
Also, would the map need to be small? ( since the round is 1-2 mins) or could that depend on the amound of players on?

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
We did have a "lobby" map making competition not too long ago. If this were to be a new game mode, those map submissions would come in super handy =]
Originally I made quite a few small, stylized maps such as those Lobby maps alongside Mach in preparation for a Freeze-Tag styled server for Epislon that never came to be.
So I actually have quite a few of these small maps stored on Avant's server, as well having a few ideas for these maps that I never really brought to fruition that I would love to try out in the future.

If this game mode came to be, I would really love to submit some of these maps and give em' some screen time! =D
Edit: It would also mean there would be a strong line-up of maps that users could play on if the game-mode would be accepted and put into place on the server, so we wouldn't have to worry about lack-of-maps right away.

Reaction score
I really like this idea, for the fact that it will slightly change the gameplay and because it's really easy to add it on the server. There would be a chance for this special game mode, maybe around 5-10%. I could make it so, when there're more than 5 players, 1/5 will be chosen as the "lucky human", the rest 4/5 will be normal zombies(20 players = 4 humans/16 zombies - 30 players = 6 humans/24 zombies...).
The survivors could receive around 10-15 Human Karma points.
Zombies could receive around 5-10 Zombie Karma points when killing a human.
I'll be adding this if all of you agree, Damer_Flinn, Nillbugwtw, Vatumok
After fixing the database, of course d:

le_badcop

Reaction score
Might want to shorten the round time as well depending on the map, just to make it more survivable for the few humans. To continue to build on this idea, i think it may be neat to have this mode unannounced as well sometimes to add to the excitement, but also have it announced sometimes at the round start.

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
Might want to shorten the round time as well depending on the map, just to make it more survivable for the few humans
The round would be much shorter, something like 1 - 2 minutes
:3

Oh, and I like this idea as well. It would be really fun if done on, say, dontstop or runrunrun or something. Or non-runner maps! I just generally like runners better. ;P

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I vaguely remember talking about this and having the exact same idea the other day, but that doesn't matter. It's a great idea, AND LET THE LOLLING ENSUE WHEN AN OP DOES 10 SECOND PANIC DURING ONE OF THESE ROUNDS MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I vaguely remember talking about this and having the exact same idea the other day, but that doesn't matter. It's a great idea, AND LET THE LOLLING ENSUE WHEN AN OP DOES 10 SECOND PANIC DURING ONE OF THESE ROUNDS MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH
10 second panics are annoying and are terrible for gameplay.
This should not happen during these rounds.