Game Deals thread

W

Wimali

I feel like this thread was definitely missing on here. Pretty much every member of this community is a (pc-)gamer, so why not have a game deal thread? Here you can post really good game deals on steam for example, or a developer giving away 20,000 games for example...

Speaking of which, you can get Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav for free right now! The developer is giving away 40k copies for free. Just go to this link and it'll explain how to get it (really simple): http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vuvzb/

The game normally costs 20$, so I'd definitely recommend getting it. Even if you don't think you'd like it, you can just "purchase" it to play when you're bored or something!

Reaction score
I don't buy PC games but what I do is find deals on old games at thrift stores. I've seen N64, Super Nintendo, Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, Gamegear, and a few sealed GBA games that were probably found in the back of department stores. All the games they sell are all about 2-3 dollars

W

Wimali

Sanctum 2 is free this weekend. You can play it until Sunday at 1PM PST. I'd recommend checking it out, and if you want to buy it, it's also on sale until the 27th! Some comments about the game:

Picked it up in a humble bundle a few weeks ago. It's fun. Worth $2, but it starts getting hard as balls when you're solo. Have yet to try it with friends.
(source)

Personally I didn't like this game compared to the first. I was a massive fan of the original. The original has so much more. You can drop in 100's of towers in one map. Not to mention 4 different type of ground traps. All upgradable. Up grade each weapon 4 times in the same match! Each gun upgrade is awesome! It gives you soo much.

This one has better visuals but WAAAY nerfed game play. Only 15 towers per map.. WTF! Also no gun upgrades at all. No floor traps. In return of 80% of the game being taken out you get pretty lame power ups.
I can understand peoples fondness of the sequel it just sorely fell short for me as a massive fan of Sanctum 1.
Does anyone else agree? If not I would be really interested in a discussion S1 vs S2. S2 was a downgrade for me.

p.s. yes I beat both games. Also this game isn't bad just a 6/10 if the first was a 8.5/10
(source)

Personally, I would not recommend just blindly buying this game. Give it a try during the free weekend, perhaps beat it in that short period of time, and if you want to play it more or support the developers, why not buy it while it's cheap? (Btw, Sanctum, the first game, is also on sale and currently costs only 1,49$!)

W

Wimali

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten is 90% off on steam today!
I'd definitely recommend getting it if you're a fan of the tower defense genre. I bought it myself and absolutely loved it! Here's what a few other people had to say about it:

Definitely one of the best TDs I've ever played. It feels like there's more to it than just the battles due to good story (being an old-time RPG fan, I liked it) and the New Game+ mode also adds some stuff like alternative places to visit while going through the main story again.
EDIT: Not to mention there's a second one in the works. If you pre-order it, you get the DQ1 for free (the preorder is 15 bucks) but this might not be that big of an incentive at the moment as DQ1 is just 1.5 bucks now.
(link)

Went in not knowing what to expect, didn't put it down until I beat it. Very addicting and a lot of fun to try and go back and do the hardest on every level to get OP for the next upcoming ones. Plus the dialog is great for a few laughs.
(link)

Excellent fantasy tower defense game with RPG elements (leveling characters with a skill tree, upgrading equipment, hiring new party members, DRAGONS, etc). Bought it for $5 a year ago and thought it was well worth the money
(link)

The best thing about it is that it doesn't waste your time. There's no mandatory grinding in order to beat the game... and yet I've managed to play this for 36 hours. Huh. Just buy it already.
(link)

W

Wimali

You can get a free steam key of pid right now! You do need to sign-up for a newsletter though, but if you don't like that you can use a throwaway email, and either way I'm sure you'd probably be able to unsubscribe anyway. It's completely free! The game has a metacritic rating of 63/100 and a user score of 83/100. Here's some proof it's real: (key obviously used)

Reddit thread

(also, I'd recommend checking the Sid Meier humble bundle out: https://www.humblebundle.com/. You can get a steam key of civ III complete, civ IV complete, ace patrol, ace patrol 2 and railroads (all by sid meier) for just $1! They only accept credit cards, paypal, amazonpayments, google wallet & bitcoin tho, so I've been unable to get them myself ;_; but I can assure you they're great games!)

W

Wimali

Dungeon Keeper is completely free on gog.com right now!
(Dungeon Keeper 2 is also 75% - USD 1.49.)

http://www.gog.com/2014_dk_giveaway/thanks

In order to get it, you have to click on "Get it now!" on the main page (http://www.gog.com). Clicking on the link in this post isn't enough. (It is just a static page that you are redirected to)

EDIT: As someone rated this funny, just saying this isn't the "free"-to-play mobile game but the actual classic windows game. I recommend it!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Thank You
Reactions: JKangaroo and Notme

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score