• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Galaxy In Turmoil

Diago21

Reaction score
This is based off Sobotnik's Empires and Revolutions. But mainly Van Keao's World in Balance, I give most of the credit to him. It can be found here:http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1160376

How to join:

Fill this out and PM it to me.

Civilization Name:
Civilization make up: (This is where you tell me what species make up your civilization, Please be reasonable about it and don't make them overpowered or like 500 feet tall squid people, Just make them humanoids or close to it.)
Civilization belifes: (Religion, Gov't type, Etc.)
Civilization Emblem: Just make a flag.
Color:(Don't use black, white, or grey)
Location: Crop the map down and put a dot where you'd like your home planet to be. (Don't forget to name your home planet!)

Once this is ALL done, PM me with the following information, more info on these subjects can be seen below.

Subject: [Civilization Name]: Turn #

Technological Research:

Military Endeavours:

Economic Endeavours:

Galactic Diplomacy:

Planetary Affairs:

Setting: The time is about 200 years in the future in a fictional galaxy far away. Civilizations across the galaxy have just began to harness galactic travel. These Civilizations have no idea that other intelligent life forms exist in the galaxy, but they are beginning to expand and search for habitable planets and resources.

Technology: Just like Van Keao's game, You may research up to 3 things at once. Whether or not you succeed is based on a 1-100 number roll on www.random.org. If you roll 1-50, you succeed. 51-100 you fail. I work down the list, if you fail to research technology 1, you go on to technology 2, and then 3 if you fail again. When you succeed at researching a technology you stop research for that turn. These civilizations have just harnessed efficient space travel, All civilizations only have projectile weapons and only have fighters and corvette sized ships, that will change however in time. So please be wary of that, and don't immediately start building Death Star sized ships and weapons. Take it in baby steps.
Things that are not technology research-Money
-Trade
-Gov't affairs
-Anything that isn't a tangible development

Things that ARE technology research-Improved weaponry
-Upgrading ships
-New Ships
-Improved tech
-etc.

Don't write giant paragraphs, write simple turns as so:
Technology:
-Tech 1
-Tech 2
-Tech 3

Military:
-Invade civilization/planet X
-Build orbital station/ Ground defenses around planet X
-Expand the Civilization to the North into unclaimed territory

Economy:
Establish trade route between planet X and Y
-Raise taxes on planet X

Diplomacy:
-Declare war on Civilization X

Internal Affairs:
-Wipe out resistance on planet X
-Impose law X on all planets
(These are just examples, but follow the basic idea they set.)
The Map:

Empty areas are unclaimed, claimed areas will be encircled with the civilizations color encircling it. Planets will represented by a square shape, the color of what civilization controls it. Fleets will be small circles, color of their civilization. And space stations and other space-esque vehicles will be an X and labeled what they are. As your civilization expands, you will discover more planets, which I will put on the map. Unclaimed planets will be grey.
Units:
Your fleets will be represented by small circles. One dot is one armada of ships. Every 2 turns your planets will produce a fleet.

Feel free to offer suggestions!

Reactions: HarmakAnna

Diago21

Reaction score
This is an example, please PM me something similar to this.

Civilization Name: The United Anglo Confederate Promethean Space Alliance. <UACPSA>
Civilization make up: Average sized Humanoids with greyish skin and blue eyes. Other then that, they mostly look and act human.
Civilization beliefs: Governing type similar to Communism and no god.
Civilization Emblem: See Above
Color: Blue and Green

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
And besides that?
ubject: [Civilization Name]: Turn #

Technological Research:

Military Endeavours:

Economic Endeavours:

Galactic Diplomacy:

Planetary Affairs:

Setting: The time is about 200 years in the future in a fictional galaxy far away. Civilizations across the galaxy have just began to harness galactic travel. These Civilizations have no idea that other intelligent life forms exist in the galaxy, but they are beginning to expand and search for habitable planets and resources.

Technology: Just like Van Keao's game, You may research up to 3 things at once. Whether or not you succeed is based on a 1-100 number roll on www.random.org. If you roll 1-50, you succeed. 51-100 you fail. I work down the list, if you fail to research technology 1, you go on to technology 2, and then 3 if you fail again. When you succeed at researching a technology you stop research for that turn. These civilizations have just harnessed efficient space travel, All civilizations only have projectile weapons and only have fighters and corvette sized ships, that will change however in time. So please be wary of that, and don't immediately start building Death Star sized ships and weapons. Take it in baby steps.
Things that are not technology research-Money
-Trade
-Gov't affairs
-Anything that isn't a tangible development

Things that ARE technology research-Improved weaponry
-Upgrading ships
-New Ships
-Improved tech
-etc.

Don't write giant paragraphs, write simple turns as so:
Technology:
-Tech 1
-Tech 2
-Tech 3

Military:
-Invade civilization/planet X
-Build orbital station/ Ground defenses around planet X
-Expand the Civilization to the North into unclaimed territory

Economy:
Establish trade route between planet X and Y
-Raise taxes on planet X

Diplomacy:
-Declare war on Civilization X

Internal Affairs:
-Wipe out resistance on planet X
-Impose law X on all planets
(These are just examples, but follow the basic idea they set.)
The Map:

Empty areas are unclaimed, claimed areas will be encircled with the civilizations color encircling it. Planets will represented by a square shape, the color of what civilization controls it. Fleets will be small circles, color of their civilization. And space stations and other space-esque vehicles will be an X and labeled what they are. As your civilization expands, you will discover more planets, which I will put on the map. Unclaimed planets will be grey.
Units:
Your fleets will be represented by small circles. One dot is one armada of ships. Every 2 turns your planets will produce a fleet.

Feel free to offer suggestions!
I don't think Dominion has these, read well before posting please. C: