Force Field

newmatter

Reaction score
As you know, a lot of people get warned or banned for spawnkilling. I myself got 12 warnings in 2 days (an extreme feat). However, most of them are not actual spawnkillings, but people walking into the other team's spawns. By accident.

Therefore I suggest to put force fields at spawns to prevent spawnkillings, and avoid affecting normal players.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I myself got 12 warnings in 2 days (an extreme feat).
I don't know how you get 12 warns in 2 days ._.
as for the suggestion on most of the maps it is pretty obvious where the spawns are, you just gotta watch out you don't walk/pillar or jump into them. so I think it is actually pretty useless to put a force field around it, you just gottta watch out (I keep repeating myself :p)

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
As the one who spotted the warns, I have to say that it's very hard to get that warn level in a matter of days.
This is a good idea, but if people concentrated more on where the enemy was spawning, this wouldn't happen so much.
Perhaps this could work, we'll see how it goes.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what a "force field" around spawn would be but is not necessary, in my opinion.
On every map we have in rotation, the spawns are coloured to their teams accordingly. Given, some more clear then others but we can only make it so obvious. Not saying accidents don't happen because they do. I remember my player days of accidently walking into spawn because I was running backwards from a TNT or pillared up and hit a zone. But 12 warns in 2 days is very fast and makes me wonder if maybe you need to start watching where you are going, rather then add a "force field" to spawns. :p Also, if you have a suggestion to improve spawns on any map, you can let us know.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

newmatter

Reaction score
Or you could just be careful and not go into the spawn...
Sometimes spawns aren't labelled at all. They are coloured just like a normal corridor. And isn't it easy to just add a little code to prevent people from being banned for no reason and to prevent reduced donations?

• Dislike
Reactions: DarthLego5679

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
This would likely need to be added to each individual map, and if we're going to do that then we might as well eliminate the need for them entirely by fixing the spawns. If you report an issue with the spawns on a specific map, we'll often remove the warns you were given for spawnkilling on that map. To me, this seems like a better solution - we get map fixes so other players don't have the same problem, and you get the erroneous warns removed.

Twelve warns in two days is incredibly high though, and I'm very curious to hear how they were all the game's fault for stopping you from getting so close to the spawn.

Luigi

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious where the spawns are. It is usually made out of bedrock and red/blue wool. It's actually quite hard to walk into the enemy spawn unless you are doing it on purpose. Anyways, sometimes the spawns are random or are floating high up in the air.