Blocktopia - Accepted Fluffers' Create Staff Re-App~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
What is your in-game name?: Fluffers (Previously Aothex, Zelery, Jinnxie, Mlem & iiDeathCookies)

What timezone do you live in?: GMT

How many hours have you played on the server for?: 5 Days, 16 Hours post-wipe. Pre-wipe I easily have hundreds of hours ontime.

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?: Several hours easily, I have plenty of spare time to spend and can be on every day for a couple of hours. (Edited as things happened, I won't be away for days at a time anymore)

What prior staffing experience do you have?: Previously staffed Create several times, including back in the BuildBox days (and loved it! <3) I also got VetOp on BuildBox way back, if that helps at all.

What do you think the role entails?: A staff member should be active, sociable and reasonable. They must be online frequently, know the players well as well as be as welcoming as can be to new players and if any situation arises, they must be unbiased and reasonable with their actions to said situation. Staffing requires being approachable because nobody wants a staff member that's too scary to approach for help!

Why do you want to be a staff member?: I absolutely loved staffing in the past and I love to help people in general. Now that I've been active longer and got to know people, I'm even more confident in wanting this role especially since I get along with the playerbase. I'm fairly confident that I also have the experience due to staffing the server in the past and I like to think I did a decent job!

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?: That's a tough one as staff all require the same qualities. However, I believe being an AdvBuilder helps a lot as I can give more tips on building and helping players in that sense than someone with Builder rank. In addition to that, my previous staffing experience on the server shows that with the knowledge of commands and such I would be able to staff just fine. However, in general I believe I am fairly approachable and love discussing all sorts of things with people as well as helping them personally, not just on the server as I love to help in every possible way!

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?: I would send a private message to whichever staff is online, or may be awake during that time asking them for their opinions/help on command, etc. Alongside that, if anyone needs to know, I will inform them I need a second opinion as I haven't encountered this issue before. If somebody is misbehaving and nobody is around, I would warn them verbally first and inform them that I will issue a mute if they continue. If I do continue, I will stick to my mute and issue a temporary mute with time depending on how severe the situation was.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?: First of all, I would like to apologize for applying very soon last time I applied. I'm also sorry that I'm back, I'm a determined nuisance xo. That aside, I did very much so enjoy my time staffing here in the past and I greatly miss it. I would also like to add that I have been here for several years now and this community has given me a lot of really good friends and I really want to give back. <3

Please list your references: Hexical_ (I don't really see other staff online usually due to my odd sleeping patterns probably, which is why I haven't asked them for a ref)

-Zelly xx

(Edited: I'm back home now xo)

Last edited:

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Hey Zel, thanks for applying!

Even though you applied a little early last time, you seem to understand that you did apply a little early. You have waited a significant time now, so I have no problem with continuing with this application.

I reffed you because you are an active + helpful player on create. You also have a great attitude, and are super positive, which is something I value very much. You are on pretty often, and I see you being helpful whenever you can, which is great! You also have previous experience as staff, which is something that isn't needed but is very helpful / useful. I'd love to see you on trial moderator for Create, so with that I'll leave you a pretty

+1

Pink

Reaction score
Hey Zel!

Nice to see you applied again!
You seem to already have experience and you know what to do.
I haven't had any problems with you ingame, you are helpful and you have some good building skills. I don't know why you didn't ask me to ref you

I'll give you a +1
Goodluck!

jackamel

Op Purple :D
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean, I haven't seen you as such to observe, (probs cuz i've been addicted to smp lately), but your app seems pretty solid, and I'm sure my fellow mods judgements are right. Plus I recognise several of your names, so why not ;)
+1

• Thank You
Reactions: Poe and Zelz
Status
Not open for further replies.