FloatingForest [TAG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Name of map: FloatingForest
Author: S_swimmer
Map boundary: x: 1389 y: 58 z: -1197 to x: 1198 y:150 z:-1388 with spawn point at x: 1294 y: 119 z: -1293
Kits:
SafariMan
LEATHER_HELMET:1+Safari Hat
APPLE:5
BREAD:5
Monkey
LEATHER_BOOTS:1
APPLE:5
BROWN_WOOL:5+Poop:For Throwing
Cannibal
ROTTEN_FLESH:5+Human Flesh:Yesterday's dinner/It was yummy
HEAD:1+Human Skull
BONE:3
Forest Dweller
LEAVES:10
OAK_SAPLING:2
TALL_GRASS:3
YELLOW_FLOWER:1
ROSE:1
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots:

Notes: For this map, I would like to have fall damage off. As for potion effects, I would like to have speed III and jump boost VI for both Hunters and Survivors. Build time = 1:00. Survive time = 4:30.
Download Link: None, but the warp to the map is on the plots world in BuildBox at /warp FloatingForest
Input File: I'm sorry, I don't have one :( I just can't figure it out. I'm terrible at computer stuff and code stuff and all that.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Cubism is Speed II and Jump Boost V
:3
Map looks a little small, but the hilarious status effects should make up for it
I reckon a heavy knockback weapon or two could make this interesting, too (sorry if there's some in the chests; my mc is blocked atm :c )
But overall it looks really good!
:laugh:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I reckon a heavy knockback weapon or two could make this interesting
TAG mode makes it impossible to use knockback weapons without killing survivors before they get knocked back. All you would see is their corpse animation flying away (which I guess IS pretty interesting :3).

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I'm not to sure if tag will work that well on this map. I believe jump boost 5 wont be enough for most of the jump's either. Kit's look fine and I can't view he chest's so I'm not sure what you have in there. Overall I'm going to have to go with 0.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm not to sure if tag will work that well on this map. I believe jump boost 5 wont be enough for most of the jump's either. Kit's look fine and I can't view he chest's so I'm not sure what you have in there. Overall I'm going to have to go with 0.
I have changed the potion effects to speed III and jump boost VI. Hopefully that will make all of the islands reachable. And as for the chests, the only things in them are food, cake, and a few enderpearls. Also, I forgot to mention this, but I wanted the survive time to be 5:00 to make up for the map's slight lack in size.

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
The map looks great. I went and checked the map in BB because in the pictures seem like it was way too small but it isn't that small, it has a good size for a tag map. So I believe players will enjoy this map. So I'm going with a +1.

• Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer
Reaction score
Will the survivors be able to get on the trees and if they can, I don't think they can make the jump across the trees also is the water going to stay there because survivors could just hang on it and not be seen.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Will the survivors be able to get on the trees and if they can, I don't think they can make the jump across the trees also is the water going to stay there because survivors could just hang on it and not be seen.
The survivors will be able to get up onto the trees, and to be honest, most branches of the trees go out farther than the edges of the island they are on, so it would actually be easier to make the jump. Also, the water will stay on there, but it will be an obvious place to hide, and it IS possible to be seen.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I'd like to see a bit more variation between islands on this map. The idea is nice, and makes a nice change from more synthetically themed maps, returning to a floating island for some survival action. Doesn't need to be anything huge, or even necessarily defensible, but a few larger islands with perhaps a tiny shack on would add to the feel of the map.

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I built a larger island and two houses. I can't really fit another larger island in the middle of the map, and a bunch of large islands surrounding the map might just look weird.

Update: I changed the biome of the plot to mushroom_island and I replaced all logs with log:12 which should make the trees look better. This will most likely be the last change I make to the map unless you guys suggest a few more large islands.

I saved a schematic of my map. It is called FloatingForest of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.