Flag Cannons

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
So catgirl and I were playing on CTF-Waterfalls today when someone on red decided to place a cannon about 3 to 4 blocks in front of their flag point which I thought was fine at the time. Until we couldn't even get close to the red flag since of the cannon since it blocked the flag and people were always swarming around it. Our job is to keep the game fair and for me being on blue it wasnt really fair. As Darth stated on TNT its like the problem with portals. You cant have portals next to spawns and you cant have them next to flags its not fair well same concept here not allowed to have cannons at spawns then they shouldn't be allowed next to flags since its even MORE of a disadvantage for the other team.
@catgirl12466 and @DarthLego5679 so they can have their say

catgirl12466

Reaction score
Aaand seconds after I send a PM to Kingsam about it. -_-;

But yeah, Balloon sums it up pretty well, and all I can add is I was a red player that round, and even I thought it unfair. And isn't our job to make the game fair?

Reactions: Marnixxie

winner87956

Charlie Sheen Version 87956
Reaction score
In my opinion I think any cannon can be breached. But a cannon placed by the flag, ohohoho. That's interesting, I also think that cannon might have been illegal due to the fact that it's below the spawn point, and gets a straight up advantage to the team the cannon was placed on. Correct me if I'm wrong

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
In my opinion I think any cannon can be breached. But a cannon placed by the flag, ohohoho. That's interesting, I also think that cannon might have been illegal due to the fact that it's below the spawn point, and gets a straight up advantage to the team the cannon was placed on. Correct me if I'm wrong
The problem wasn't getting them off the cannon it was moreover if we could get them of AND grab the flag they would already be rocketing us after jumping down and the cannon kinda blocked the way of entering the flag room

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Hmm this is an interesting one, from my point of view, cannons in general next to flags isn't bad. Portals next to flags lead to quick steals and ruining the idea of the map. Whereas spawn portals and cannons are more of a spawnkilling issue, as portals lead the other team straight to the base, and spawncannons are shooting a weapon from inside a base/ at a base / encourages spawnkilling. I would argue that flag cannons have none of these detrimental effects.
As winner said, almost any cannon can be breached.

Majority of the Flags are a sensible distance from spawns or there are multiple entrances/exits to the flag room, so if you have killed the people on/got past the cannon, you can normally escape before fresh reinforcements arrive.

I've had a similar annoyance on CTF-Waterfalls with people placing upgraded C4 outside the flag room, which meant that it was near impossible to get in, click the flag, and manoeuvre so I was out of the +1 reach. I ranted a bit about this while I was on the server about it being unfair, but in reality, I still managed to get a large number of caps and made it more of an achievement when I did so.

It could be argued that placing it in front of the flag room on Waterfalls would be a spawncannon, but I certainly wouldn't have removed it for being one.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
I think it wouldn't be hard to modify Waterfalls to have three entrances to the flag room.

Getting a flag cap should be some kind of achievement though, as in, I don't like seeing 13 captures in a game although there are always gonna be that many.