FKN MAD IDEA

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
I was thinking of a new idea for rounds. Instead of rounds being set as calm for the whole round, why don't you add something that could add a 10-90% chance of the mood changing during the round?

I'm not very good at explaining this through typing, so I'll give an example:-
  • If mood is on calm, during the round at any one point, there would be a 10-90% chance it could become annoyed.
  • If mood is on annoyed, during the round at any one point, there would be a 10-90% chance it could become angry.
The percentage would be set at the beginning of the round.

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
if you had a warning, like
"Avallis is PMSing today, better watch out" please dont hurt me
then this could work, but as the others said, having to use certain blocks every round because of a random, unkown (to players), percentage, then it would just create a bunch of chaos as people make cobble structures only to have them melt and panic as they think they're being flooded. If there's a warning at the beginning of the round, people would know for sure there's a chance that the mood might change and thus would build a safe house even for the next tier mood.

Overall though, I'm not a huge fan of this idea. If it was occasional or uncommon, fine, but I don't like having to deal with some random chance of the mood changing every round and having to account for that.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Mood changes of the lava might make ironman challenges much more challenging. If this occurred, people in ironman will have a hard time staying in a safe house that isn't made with stone brick, nether brick, or soul sand. People in chaos will think there house is getting flooded, but its actually melting due to random mood changes.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: superhalo6

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I like this idea and have suggested something along the same lines that the mood can change suddenly in round but only like once or twice, not raise and raise and raise. Uncommon, but still a relivent threat.

After all its Lava Survival, not Lava predictablity.

Cloudy

Reaction score
In Classic Lava, Vetops and higher can change the mood, while there was a time when the Lava God had mood swings. Ironman players would have to watch out for the Lava God's mood swings if that occurred.

If this was in RoF, either Vetops or higher can set a random mood by vote, or the round may have the Lava God have mood swings, making ironman players have a hard time with the Lava God's mood swings.

Last edited: