First Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I know this is a bit soon after posting a new thread, but I don't want to forget this idea. It is pretty simple, the person who gets the first kill in a game is rewarded with 50 points and there would be an announcement like:
+10
+50
hihihilolHI has drawn FIRST BLOOD!
SparklyMuffinz was sabatoged by hihihilolHI's pistol!
I just think this would be a cool addition, I know Zombies has it.

T

Tiger_087

I think this has been suggested before, but I don't think any ops gave feedback.
Personally I think First Blood should be added (if it's codable).

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
I can actually see a potential benefit in this - it encourages people to join a team immediately as opposed to waiting in the lobby for 1) someone else to join or 2) a team to be winning.

EDIT: Of course, though, 50 points is indeed a bit too much. :p Maybe 15-20 at /most/.

• Agree
Reactions: sniper17

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Incentive. :3
Understandable, but is not getting 100 points for your team to win incentive?
The earlier you join, the more kills you can get, the higher you raises your chances.
What about Capture The Flag 15 points?
I do not think there should be points for everything that can POSSIBLY happen on TNT Wars to make it more incentive.
Not to mention there is an event coming which will make it more incentive. ;)

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
That is not what I was asking.
WHY THE POINTS?
Cannot there be fun for just a message that that person was the first one?
Well, unfortunately players are mainly driven by points. :p Even if it were just 10 or possibly 15, I think it would definitely encourage people to vie for it more so than just a message.

I agree that we are definitely ending up with a lot of "incentives," but I fear that these are almost necessary.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately players are mainly driven by points. :p Even if it were just 10 or possibly 15, I think it would definitely encourage people to vie for it more so than just a message.

I agree that we are definitely ending up with a lot of "incentives," but I fear that these are almost necessary.
READ STAFF CHATTER, there are enough incentives coming anytime soon x)

Not to mention that people are enjoying the skin challenge, without receiving extra points ;)
It is not necessary to have this for the first kill :confused:

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
READ STAFF CHATTER, there are enough incentives coming anytime soon x)

Not to mention that people are enjoying the skin challenge, without receiving extra points ;)
It is not necessary to have this for the first kill :confused:
I saw it. :p I believe I had discussed it with you before, too.

I hadn't thought of the teamskin challenge, actually. x) Oops. And I suppose that it may be point overkill considering the potential "new incentive," but I still think it would be useful as a different incentive in its own right, as the "new incentive" most likely won't encourage immediate team joining as this would.

I can see this going both ways. xD

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I saw it. :p I believe I had discussed it with you before, too.

I hadn't thought of the teamskin challenge, actually. x) Oops. And I suppose that it may be point overkill considering the potential "new incentive," but I still think it would be useful as a different incentive in its own right, as the "new incentive" most likely won't encourage immediate team joining as this would.

I can see this going both ways. xD
Well, if there will be just a message about the first blood, then I see possibilities with the "new incentive". ;)
(everything has to be printscreenable, remember?)

• Optimistic
Reactions: GrantaClause

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Kills in the first minute of the game reward +1 points?

First blood could give a bonus 5 points. I don't see much of a big deal that someone gets 15 points instead of 10 points every 10 minutes, and even then they might not be the first person to get a kill. Thats hardly incentive but just a 'Ooh ya' bragging feature. It's just for complete:ancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.